2015 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Don't buy it
By Ben Kitt

2015 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my truck new from Jerry's Chevy in Baltimore and the truck (with only 20,600 miles) has already had several issues that had to be fixed. While they are covered they are still problems that shouldn't be there! There is a loud whistling that is unfixable according to GM! DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK. It is a trap. The one good thing is that it has good resale value and the 4x4 is awesome.

Great Truck.....I Hope
By rebecca

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my truck for 8 months now. I have 21,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems until these past couple of days. When I turn right I hear a noise under my bed I took it to a dealership Today they said it was my spare tire wasn't tightened. Got it back still making the noise. I'm taking it back tomorrow to hopefully fix the noise and also I have a recall on it that is going to take 3 hours to fix. Other than that I love my truck. I'm a mom with 2 little girls 5 and 6 and they love my truck too. Not alot of room in the front but alot in the back. My truck got up to 29 mpg. Average is 25mpg. I got heated seats with my truck. They suck. They don't get hot. I really have no complaints except this noise it's making now. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Lots of Flash
By self

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Truck is beautiful. We have a very bad shutter when excelerating from low speed. Also have trouble with brakes grabbing. GM says it is normal and there is nothing they can do. We do not feel safe in the vehicle. If you are looking at this GM product, I suggest you look at something else.

Very Disappointed
By T. Wallin

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First the good: The look of the Colorado is excellent. I think it is a very attractive truck. The options are great also. The one that I owned was loaded with all of the bells and whistles. The Dealership and Service Department was great also. (I just had to see them too much.) Now the bad: I also experienced the crazy shifting and total under powering of the truck as mentioned in other posts (The one I owned had the 6 cylinder in it). Several safety recalls, and having the torque converter changed out at 3,600 miles to try to correct the shifting problem, left me very disappointed in the Colorado. The dealer that I worked with was very understanding when I informed them that I did not buy a new vehicle to stay in the Service Department. I had an old car that was paid off if this was what I was interested in. Unfortunately, I decided to trade the truck in on a different vehicle. I had the truck 8 months, and felt like I would be better off just getting rid of the headache. Hopefully Chevrolet will get the bugs worked out in the coming years, but they totally missed the mark on this truck.

NO PROBLEMS WITH TRUCK JUST TO MANY RECALLS
By Charlton Parks

2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had truck almost a yr now and had no problems with anything. I have just over 13,000 miles now. The only thing I don't like is the Chevy MyLink. I'm not going to pay extra money every month for Navigation that sux. My Garmin is way better and its paid for.

• SUV