2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
cheapest decent truck
By 12rado4life on 11/08/14 18:39 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I bought a 2012 colorado crew cab used w/ 21,400 miles with the 5 cyl. 3.7L engine. The 4 cyl. engine was too weak, and fuel efficiency difference was only 1 mpg. Alone with luggage I get 24.5 mpg at 66 mph. With more ppl and luggage its more like 22 mpg. In houstons mix of highway and city I tend to get 19-20 mpg. It now has 60,000 miles and have had a $400 sensor go out. Ride and road noise are not the best, but livable. Turning radius better than full size, but not great. I find fuel mileage is significantly better than full size trucks, and I have had no issues with the drivetrain. This truck has no frills, but its reliable. This is the midsize truck to buy if you want value.

Best compact truck
By coloradoguru on 07/18/13 03:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought in 2004 new, at 163k miles! Loved it and it fuel sipping ways so much bought another 2004 single cab 5 spd, capable of whomping those heavy Hemis. 19 gallon tank that runs on 87 equals great value on a truck built for economy. My single cab has caltrack latter bars, intake, Spal electric fans, exhaust and corvette c6 seats. Having a hard time replacing them. The eaton locker on both is a traction dream. I am a car guy, that sells an average of 6 cars a year personally, I'm stuck on my Colorados!!!

2012 Colorado Crew LT3 V-8
By aloexroys on 06/28/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 3LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned the Colorado V8 for around 18 months, and it has been a true joy to drive, 300 HP in this relatively light vehicle is amazing, and it is a real sleeper. The sports suspension and low profile tires make it corner flat in most all situations. This is a little like driving a vette in pickup clothing. On the downside, the interior is pretty spartan, and the ride can get a little rough at times. Gas mileage pretty much sucks. All in all, a fine vehicle that I would buy again.

28k miles after 6kmiles hard road trip
By schooby on 09/14/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 1LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this 2012 Chevy Colorado with the 3.7 liter 5 used with 21,000 miles. I then took it on a 6,000 mile road trip this September 2012 thru 22 states. From Charleston South Carolina, to Great Falls Montana to Parker Arizona back to Charleston. The Last leg of the trip from AZ to SC I towed a 2000 Dodge Dakota single cab with a frame hitch behind my Colorado. throughout the entire trip the truck ran excellent. Before towing the Dodge I averaged 24.5 MPG highway at about 75 MPH. Towing the Dodge I managed 15-19 MPG. driving up the continentual divides in both Arizona and New Mexico I was able to maintain a steady speed of 70 MPH while towing. The truck would run at about 2500 RPM.

2010 to 2012 2WD Colorado Crew Cab LT2 Z71
By nickz71 on 08/03/12 09:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 Chevy Colorado Crew Cabs starting with an '05 LS Crew Cab and 2.8L engine and a 2010 Crew Cab with 3.7L engine. Both were 2WD. My family and I have found this configuration to be more useful and appealing than the purchase of a compact SUV. The reason I write this is because besides the great service and reliability, the new 3.7L in 2WD actually gets as good or better than the 2.8L. We routinely drive 330 mi. each way to a family cabin. On three recent trips (May, June, July) we got 26.3, 26.5, and 26.7 mpg on one leg. This was with AC on or off. It just confuses me how some say this truck get no better mpg than full size trucks. It gets 17-19 city and 24 to +26 highway.

Great Truck
By timemant223 on 07/24/12 20:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

After owning a 1999 Chevy S10 Blazer for 13yrs this is a great truck to upgrade to. My parents gave me their 99 and I loved it but traded it in for a truck and my blazer had more kick to it but it hated it. I really like how simple the Colorado is, nothing fancy just the basic features and with Crew cab and Z71 package I got more than I ever wanted with it. Like my blazer i'm gonna keep it for a long time. If you are looking for a simple cheep reliable truck this would be a good one to look at. I haven't yet done much with it but I can drive from base to my parents house (200miles) in about half a tank which is great!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.