Used 2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Don't listen to the "experts"--this is a great truck!
By sldl04

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Since I don't need a full-size truck, I moved from a '99 GMC Sierra to the Colorado. I bought this one used with 45,000 miles and I must say that I love this truck. I think I have a rare model, since it has the leather option with the LT2 trim level, which usually comes with the LT3 trim. The best thing that I ended up with in this truck is the optional 5.3L V8. In a mid-size truck like this one, the power to weight ratio is unbelievable. 300hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque is on tap and I can tow up to 6000 lbs with it. The experts are idiots--they slammed this truck in their reviews, but on average, the owners have given very high reviews.

Favorite Features

I love the 5.3L V8. Test times with this motor is 0-60 in the upper 6 second range, and I believe it. Tons and tons of power and torque on tap. As far as the interior goes, I like the heated leather seats and the compass/temp gauge on the mirror. Visibility in the cab is very good for a smaller truck--it makes me feel like I'm sitting up high even though the truck isn't a full size model. The radio/cd player and 6 speaker system sounds good, although a jack for an mp3 player would have been nice. Center dual-level console between the bucket seats is nice. Push button 4 wheel drive is nice--I don't have to mess around with a lever on the floor anymore. Love the rugged appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The truck has been hammered in reviews for its cheap, plastic interior. Could GM have done better in this dept? Probably. But, I do have a fully-loaded model (power windows, locks, heated power leather seats) so that helps offset the plastic parts. The rear jump seats in the extended cab are tiny--pretty much kids are the only passengers that would feel comfortable on an extended ride. The air conditioning is a disappointment, since the compressor works on a relay/thermostat setup--if you have the controls on high, if the compressor shuts off, it doesn't blow cold air. Supposedly it helps conserve fuel, but I'd rather control the a/c myself. No lighted vanity mirror annoys my wife.

DON'T LISTEN TO TEST REVIEWS?
By dchronister

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

TEST REVIEWS ARE NOT VERY KIND TO THIS PICKUP?? I HAD A 2004 EXT 4CYL. LIKED IT ALOT. AND UPGRADED TO A I-5 4WD EXT. I HAVE OWNED FOR 15 MONTHS, NO PROBLEMS,GOOD FUEL ECONOMY,COMFORTABLE,GREAT LOOKS WITH THE LT2 PACKAGE! I DROVE A FORD RANGER,TACOMA,FRONTIER,AND DAKOTA...... THEY ALL HAVE THIER ATTRIBUTES, AND DIS-LIKES. THE COLORADO SEEMED TO BE THE RIGHT CHOICE THE 2ND TIME AROUND.....I HAVE NO REGRETS....READ THE PEOPLES REVIEWS WHO OWN THESE TRUCKS .....NOT CONSUMER REPORT'S,ECT.... FOR SOME REASON THEY THINK THIER SUPPOSE TO DRIVE LIKE A CAR, AND HANDLE LIKE A SPORTS CAR??? IT'S A TRUCK, AND A GREAT ONE AT THAT. ASK COLORAD OWNERS,NOT EXPERTS WHO TEST THEM AND GIVE THIER OPINION?

Favorite Features

looks,gas mileage 18-26 mpg,the right size,comfortable,roomy,durable, and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

i wish they offered the 6cyl.like in trailblazers, that would be a great compromise for power and fuel economy.

V8 power
By Tom

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the looks, interior is very comfortable, mileage isn't bad for a v8 with 4WD. Especially like the V8 power. Have had no problems at all in this first year of ownership.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, satellite radio, on- star diagnosis to my computer monthly

Suggested Improvements

Correct interior wind noise at highway speeds.

V-8 power and great styling
By Tom

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new Aug. 09 with V8 and 4WD. I've had more compliments on this vehicle than on any I've ever owned. V8 power is great and mileage isn't bad.Very comfortable to drive, my ONLY complaint in over a year of ownership is interior wind noise at highway speeds. I've had no problems at all so far.

Favorite Features

Power,styling,interior comfort, Satellite stereo, On star diagnostics to my computer monthly.

Suggested Improvements

Do something to reduce or eliminate the interior wind noise.

First Impressions - 2010 Colorado
By Martin

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I just purchased a new Colorado after owning an S-10 for the last seven years and 160K miles. I did a great deal of research prior to my purchase, focusing mainly on the Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado. Both the Nissan and Toyota received higher reviews from the auto experts, but the consumer reviews were mostly positive for the Colorado. I have only driven this new vehicle for a couple of weeks and my initial impression is that I like it...very much. I drove all three and the Colorado seemed to have what I was looking for. I loved my S-10 and if I enjoy the Colorado half as much, it will have been a great purchase.

Favorite Features

Four doors and the space for the rear seats in the extended cab. Great for grand kids. Gas mileage - 23.6 on the first trip over 200 miles. Handling Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Bottomless pit under the front cup holders, good place to lose keys, wallet and cell phone. Return the reading lights to the rear-view mirror. Improve quality of the console lid, identical to the S-10.