Used 2010 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Don't listen to the "experts"--this is a great truck!
By sldl04

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Since I don't need a full-size truck, I moved from a '99 GMC Sierra to the Colorado. I bought this one used with 45,000 miles and I must say that I love this truck. I think I have a rare model, since it has the leather option with the LT2 trim level, which usually comes with the LT3 trim. The best thing that I ended up with in this truck is the optional 5.3L V8. In a mid-size truck like this one, the power to weight ratio is unbelievable. 300hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque is on tap and I can tow up to 6000 lbs with it. The experts are idiots--they slammed this truck in their reviews, but on average, the owners have given very high reviews.

Favorite Features

I love the 5.3L V8. Test times with this motor is 0-60 in the upper 6 second range, and I believe it. Tons and tons of power and torque on tap. As far as the interior goes, I like the heated leather seats and the compass/temp gauge on the mirror. Visibility in the cab is very good for a smaller truck--it makes me feel like I'm sitting up high even though the truck isn't a full size model. The radio/cd player and 6 speaker system sounds good, although a jack for an mp3 player would have been nice. Center dual-level console between the bucket seats is nice. Push button 4 wheel drive is nice--I don't have to mess around with a lever on the floor anymore. Love the rugged appearance.

Suggested Improvements

The truck has been hammered in reviews for its cheap, plastic interior. Could GM have done better in this dept? Probably. But, I do have a fully-loaded model (power windows, locks, heated power leather seats) so that helps offset the plastic parts. The rear jump seats in the extended cab are tiny--pretty much kids are the only passengers that would feel comfortable on an extended ride. The air conditioning is a disappointment, since the compressor works on a relay/thermostat setup--if you have the controls on high, if the compressor shuts off, it doesn't blow cold air. Supposedly it helps conserve fuel, but I'd rather control the a/c myself. No lighted vanity mirror annoys my wife.

DON'T LISTEN TO TEST REVIEWS?
By dchronister

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

TEST REVIEWS ARE NOT VERY KIND TO THIS PICKUP?? I HAD A 2004 EXT 4CYL. LIKED IT ALOT. AND UPGRADED TO A I-5 4WD EXT. I HAVE OWNED FOR 15 MONTHS, NO PROBLEMS,GOOD FUEL ECONOMY,COMFORTABLE,GREAT LOOKS WITH THE LT2 PACKAGE! I DROVE A FORD RANGER,TACOMA,FRONTIER,AND DAKOTA...... THEY ALL HAVE THIER ATTRIBUTES, AND DIS-LIKES. THE COLORADO SEEMED TO BE THE RIGHT CHOICE THE 2ND TIME AROUND.....I HAVE NO REGRETS....READ THE PEOPLES REVIEWS WHO OWN THESE TRUCKS .....NOT CONSUMER REPORT'S,ECT.... FOR SOME REASON THEY THINK THIER SUPPOSE TO DRIVE LIKE A CAR, AND HANDLE LIKE A SPORTS CAR??? IT'S A TRUCK, AND A GREAT ONE AT THAT. ASK COLORAD OWNERS,NOT EXPERTS WHO TEST THEM AND GIVE THIER OPINION?

Favorite Features

looks,gas mileage 18-26 mpg,the right size,comfortable,roomy,durable, and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

i wish they offered the 6cyl.like in trailblazers, that would be a great compromise for power and fuel economy.

Don't buy
By Not Happy

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Do not buy this vehicle. If you only have a 10 minute drive to and from work OK but as long as it doesn't snow. Don't worry about talking on your cell phone. There is so much interior noise at times you can't. Only good thing, I didn't have to pay for it. The price is our of line with quality. Poor gas mileage, only gets 19mph with the inline 5cyl. Rough ride and uncomfortable seats. Could this be one reason why Chevy needed a bail-out.

Favorite Features

I have none

Suggested Improvements

Stop building them

2010 colorado Z71
By Jeff

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Purchased in February 2010 (actually Oct/09) was told delivery would be 6-8 weeks, it arrived in 17 weeks. Love the truck's styling, and comfort but, have had rear spring bushings replaced, wiper transmission replaced, wiper switch replaced and front wind- shield re-sealed. Still have a "clunk" noise when turning corners, all before 2,400 km. 4,100 km now but gas mileage is poor, 17 city, 21 highway [mpg]. I drive it nice not hard.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, standard options and the price compared to competitor mid- size.

Suggested Improvements

Should have ordered the 5.3 liter V-8. A V-6 with 25 more hoarse would be nice

V8 power
By Tom

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the looks, interior is very comfortable, mileage isn't bad for a v8 with 4WD. Especially like the V8 power. Have had no problems at all in this first year of ownership.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, satellite radio, on- star diagnosis to my computer monthly

Suggested Improvements

Correct interior wind noise at highway speeds.