2010 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Don't listen to the "experts"--this is a great truck!
By sldl04 on 06/08/14 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Since I don't need a full-size truck, I moved from a '99 GMC Sierra to the Colorado. I bought this one used with 45,000 miles and I must say that I love this truck. I think I have a rare model, since it has the leather option with the LT2 trim level, which usually comes with the LT3 trim. The best thing that I ended up with in this truck is the optional 5.3L V8. In a mid-size truck like this one, the power to weight ratio is unbelievable. 300hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque is on tap and I can tow up to 6000 lbs with it. The experts are idiots--they slammed this truck in their reviews, but on average, the owners have given very high reviews.

DON'T LISTEN TO TEST REVIEWS?
By dchronister on 04/04/11 15:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

TEST REVIEWS ARE NOT VERY KIND TO THIS PICKUP?? I HAD A 2004 EXT 4CYL. LIKED IT ALOT. AND UPGRADED TO A I-5 4WD EXT. I HAVE OWNED FOR 15 MONTHS, NO PROBLEMS,GOOD FUEL ECONOMY,COMFORTABLE,GREAT LOOKS WITH THE LT2 PACKAGE! I DROVE A FORD RANGER,TACOMA,FRONTIER,AND DAKOTA...... THEY ALL HAVE THIER ATTRIBUTES, AND DIS-LIKES. THE COLORADO SEEMED TO BE THE RIGHT CHOICE THE 2ND TIME AROUND.....I HAVE NO REGRETS....READ THE PEOPLES REVIEWS WHO OWN THESE TRUCKS .....NOT CONSUMER REPORT'S,ECT.... FOR SOME REASON THEY THINK THIER SUPPOSE TO DRIVE LIKE A CAR, AND HANDLE LIKE A SPORTS CAR??? IT'S A TRUCK, AND A GREAT ONE AT THAT. ASK COLORAD OWNERS,NOT EXPERTS WHO TEST THEM AND GIVE THIER OPINION?

Don't buy
By Not Happy on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Do not buy this vehicle. If you only have a 10 minute drive to and from work OK but as long as it doesn't snow. Don't worry about talking on your cell phone. There is so much interior noise at times you can't. Only good thing, I didn't have to pay for it. The price is our of line with quality. Poor gas mileage, only gets 19mph with the inline 5cyl. Rough ride and uncomfortable seats. Could this be one reason why Chevy needed a bail-out.

2010 colorado Z71
By Jeff on 08/24/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Purchased in February 2010 (actually Oct/09) was told delivery would be 6-8 weeks, it arrived in 17 weeks. Love the truck's styling, and comfort but, have had rear spring bushings replaced, wiper transmission replaced, wiper switch replaced and front wind- shield re-sealed. Still have a "clunk" noise when turning corners, all before 2,400 km. 4,100 km now but gas mileage is poor, 17 city, 21 highway [mpg]. I drive it nice not hard.

V8 power
By Tom on 08/18/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the looks, interior is very comfortable, mileage isn't bad for a v8 with 4WD. Especially like the V8 power. Have had no problems at all in this first year of ownership.

V-8 power and great styling
By Tom on 08/18/10 08:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new Aug. 09 with V8 and 4WD. I've had more compliments on this vehicle than on any I've ever owned. V8 power is great and mileage isn't bad.Very comfortable to drive, my ONLY complaint in over a year of ownership is interior wind noise at highway speeds. I've had no problems at all so far.

Great Truck
By BestShopper on 08/08/10 05:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This is my second Colorado Z71 Crew Cab. Loved my 2004, so bought another one. Based on my research, it has the best mileage in its class. Ride is great for a truck. People often comment on the nice ride. Back seat is very roomy.

First Impressions - 2010 Colorado
By Martin on 05/22/10 03:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I just purchased a new Colorado after owning an S-10 for the last seven years and 160K miles. I did a great deal of research prior to my purchase, focusing mainly on the Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado. Both the Nissan and Toyota received higher reviews from the auto experts, but the consumer reviews were mostly positive for the Colorado. I have only driven this new vehicle for a couple of weeks and my initial impression is that I like it...very much. I drove all three and the Colorado seemed to have what I was looking for. I loved my S-10 and if I enjoy the Colorado half as much, it will have been a great purchase.

My New Colorado
By Mike on 05/11/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I like the handling. It seems to respond better to the touch. The power is quite good. I like the roomy cab. I don't usually carry 3 in the front but now have enough room to do so. The rider can stretch out and is less cramped than in my old S-10. I seem to ride higher and get a better view of whats going on around me. My wife likes this feature.

Great Little Truck
By Diane on 04/22/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my '05 Colorado so much I bought a 2010. It is a great little truck. Though the automatic "bogs down" if you tromp on the gas peddle too hard too fast(something that did not happen with the manual transmission in the '05), the performance is good, gas mileage is good, and the truck is very comfortable to drive. The interior is roomy even though it is not an extended cab. It is a basic truck that meets my hauling needs without the expensive bells and whistles, and I recommend the Colorado to anyone needing a smaller pickup that does the job.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.