2009 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Great Truck - 2WD, 4 cyl, crew

2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

LT Crew Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Great Truck - 2WD, 4 cyl, crew cab
By jerry t on

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this truck with hesitation after reading the editors review. I tested the Colorado vs the Tacoma. The Chevy won in all categories, in my opinion, except interior design. Contrary to the editor review, this truck is quiet, comfortable and has plenty of power to get you moving and do light truck duty. The truck is not at all bouncy and rides like a car. Chevy added some nice touches to the package I bought like chrome door handles and really sharp looking chrome wheels. A similar Tacoma would cost much more. It braked much better than the Tacomas squishy brake petal and had more power. I never realized how much fun to drive a small 4 cyl truck could be, but it is.

The styling, I love what they did with the front grill, chrome door handles and wheels. Nice radio, not stylish inside but very user friendly. It comes with a nice bedliner and the fog lights are great!

Include the outside temperature and compass with the more standard model.