2009 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: 2nd Colorado in NC

2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

2nd Colorado in NC
By dscain on

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my second Colorado. I owned my first one for 1 1/2 years and would still have it if my kid hadn't outgrown the jump seats in the back of the extended cab. I bought a new Crew Cab, and it is much roomier. Chevy really improved the truck for '09. The brakes operate much more smoothly. Standard OnStar is a nice touch for the price. The new body color trim with chrome accents make the truck look more stylish, and the new chrome wheels look great. The old truck was pretty bulletproof and economical (21 mpg in everyday driving and 27 on trips). As a repeat owner, I am very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck, and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Good gas mileage. Very reliable. Big enough to be comfortable and useful, but small enough to be easy to live with on an everyday basis. New trim and wheels look great. Standard OnStar.

I wish cruise control switches were on the steering wheel and the stereo had an AUX IN. More power would make trailer towing easier, but I don't need it if it comes at the expense of gas mileage.