Used 2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Love my Colorado
By Dana

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Ive only had my colorado for a month or so, but I love it. No problems at all. Very comfortable, great gas mileage. Cant wait to see how it does in the snow.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats. Very comfortable. Gas mileage. Fog lights. Nice ride. Love the looks. And the fact that you can have a sunroof (not available in toyotas).

Suggested Improvements

Dash board upgrade with the leather seating. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Delay lock like on every other GM vehicle Ive owned (I miss it). Bed liner scratches the paint.

great so far v-8
By charlie

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab VL 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2009 sle canyon v-8 about 2mon. ago it is by far one of the nicest little trucks I have owned or drove ever , it has enough power for about any thing a smaller truck could be used for . I haven't pulled with it yet but I will be trying that very soon , I hope it will pull 3 baggers I fell like it should an hope it will , the interior is really comfortable an I have read many reviews about it an most say the finish is no good like the interior but I thank it is as nice as any I have seen , I don't really understand that but I guess there is a reason but I don't know . An guys an girls the handling is great right on just can't find any after market air filters an pipes V8

Favorite Features

well it handles like a dream an runs like no bodies business great little truck

Great so far
By Tim

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

So far I love this truck even more than the 2000 S-10 extended cab it replaced. I've had many compliments on the color and exterior. I have gone from filling up 7 times a month to 3 on average(though some of that is due to a larger fuel tank). The ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable. The engine seems powerful enough, though I miss the V-6 sound from my S-10. The only real complaints I have are the stereo since they are behind the times and don't have a usb or audio input for an MP3 player. It also seems it could use more interior storage besides the glove box and the arm rest.

Favorite Features

Color, ride, interior design and gas mileage. The mileage could be better, but for a truck it's not bad.

Suggested Improvements

Lets be more front line on the stereo receiver, if I want to use my MP3 player I will replace that. More interior storage for small things. I wish there was V-6 engine option.

New Colorado Owner
By David S

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a truck that offers the following options: fuel efficiency, room for four tall adults/teenagers, and light duty hauling for the occasional new appliance or household item. No towing requirements. It came down to a choice between the Tacoma and Colorado. As long time Toyota 4- Runner owner (216,000 miles), I became a first time Chevy owner based on the extra leg room in the back, a few additional stock features, and overall price savings of about $2k. I usually keep my vehicles for 10-15 years. The 4-cylinder obviously doesn't have the power of a V8, but is peppy enough for my use. Time will tell if my choice was right, but so far I'm very pleased.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, smooth handling, and quiet ride. Feels like a mid-size sedan on the road. 19-20 MPG in city. Roomy for growing teenagers. Bed large enough for light maint. Stylish, especially the front grill with various lighting. XM radio, CD, OnStar. Servicing access easy for self maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Recommend factory installation of rubber foot pad on driver's side for left foot to prevent wear on floor carpet. Offer more interior color options besides Ebony. Offer key lock for tailgate. Factory installed bedrails (Frontier & Tacoma) would be a plus.

09 Colorado
By Jviden

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I feel that the reviewer missed the mark on the Chevy Colorado. The inline 5 has plenty of power and this small truck is easy and comfortable to drive and park. As an owner of a construction company I have driven almost every make and model of pickup and i find that the Colorado gives you the best value for your buck.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride,good handling, braking. Nice exterior styling Very comfortable to drive

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling needs improving