2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
A Long Overdue Change
By FLYONS on 08/20/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the Colorado a few weeks ago after driving a 1995 Nissan XE pickup for 14 years. I was reluctant to give up the Nissan because it had been a very reliable and solid vehicle but I was able to give it a good home with a family member. I am enjoying the ride, styling, comfort of my new Colorado. I like the fact that it appears to be a scaled down version of the Silverado. I have the 4 cylinder engine with the automatic transmission and it has good power and adequate acceleration. The gas mileage is pretty much what I obtained with the Nissan about 22 mpg. Overall I like the vehicle and have received numerous compliments about it.

New Colorado Owner
By David S on 08/15/09 07:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a truck that offers the following options: fuel efficiency, room for four tall adults/teenagers, and light duty hauling for the occasional new appliance or household item. No towing requirements. It came down to a choice between the Tacoma and Colorado. As long time Toyota 4- Runner owner (216,000 miles), I became a first time Chevy owner based on the extra leg room in the back, a few additional stock features, and overall price savings of about $2k. I usually keep my vehicles for 10-15 years. The 4-cylinder obviously doesn't have the power of a V8, but is peppy enough for my use. Time will tell if my choice was right, but so far I'm very pleased.

09 Colorado
By Jviden on 04/10/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I feel that the reviewer missed the mark on the Chevy Colorado. The inline 5 has plenty of power and this small truck is easy and comfortable to drive and park. As an owner of a construction company I have driven almost every make and model of pickup and i find that the Colorado gives you the best value for your buck.

2nd Colorado in NC
By dscain on 04/08/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my second Colorado. I owned my first one for 1 1/2 years and would still have it if my kid hadn't outgrown the jump seats in the back of the extended cab. I bought a new Crew Cab, and it is much roomier. Chevy really improved the truck for '09. The brakes operate much more smoothly. Standard OnStar is a nice touch for the price. The new body color trim with chrome accents make the truck look more stylish, and the new chrome wheels look great. The old truck was pretty bulletproof and economical (21 mpg in everyday driving and 27 on trips). As a repeat owner, I am very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck, and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Great Truck - 2WD, 4 cyl, crew cab
By jerry t on 03/07/09 10:53 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this truck with hesitation after reading the editors review. I tested the Colorado vs the Tacoma. The Chevy won in all categories, in my opinion, except interior design. Contrary to the editor review, this truck is quiet, comfortable and has plenty of power to get you moving and do light truck duty. The truck is not at all bouncy and rides like a car. Chevy added some nice touches to the package I bought like chrome door handles and really sharp looking chrome wheels. A similar Tacoma would cost much more. It braked much better than the Tacomas squishy brake petal and had more power. I never realized how much fun to drive a small 4 cyl truck could be, but it is.

One powerful little truck
By Billy Willkomm on 01/20/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I have a 2009 Chevy Colorado crew cab 4WD Z71 with the 5.3 liter engine & it is black in color. This little truck has more power than anyone will ever need. I also own a 1966 Chevy Chevelle with a 427 big block in it & I really do know what real horsepower is & this little truck has it. This little truck also has a full frame which gives it a strong foundation. The inside of this truck has plenty of leg room also.The interior is also real nice with the chrome touches.General Motors did one great job on this little truck. It has it all. Also when it comes to parking this little truck it is just really ease. I tip my hat to the people of General Motors for this great little truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado in VA is:

$113 per month*