Used 2009 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2009 colorado
By timberwolf3535

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

i bought a 2009 Colorado with the 4 cylinder in it 4x4 5 speed manual i like that the truck is 4x4 and gets good fuel mileage i also like the looks of it but ever since 9,000 miles hit i have had many problems and the dealer is great on fixing it but its just one things after another they have a line a dealers so i don't think i am gonna buy anther chevy unless its a diesel

Favorite Features

the looks fuel mileage 4x4 5 speed

Suggested Improvements

5,000 MILES front end alignment bad 9,000 miles check engine lite keeps come in on and going out a and at 12,000 miles my truck wont start n leaves me stranded as a fuel module computer takes a crap whats

NIce Izuzu
By Gary

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Traded in my 15 year old S-10 on the cash for clunker deal. Nice enough truck. The front seats are a little cheap. The floor pan is up much higher that I am used to, feel like you are sitting in a little kid chair. If I plan to keep it for a while I will have to yank the bed liner out as it is starting to leave a gouge in the paint on the tailgate and front wall lip. Very roomy both front and rear. Plenty of power, at least for me. Weird thing about the cash for clunker deal, I got $3500 for my S-10 because the gas mileage on the Colorado was supposed to be better. I got 20 mpg consistently with the S-10. I get maybe 18 with the Colorado.

Favorite Features

Good ride on highways and secondary roads. Roomy cab.

Suggested Improvements

Truck came w/out fender flares. these are a must have, tires stick out a good 2 inches from fender lip. I took mine to a body shop to have aftermarkets installed. They ran the VIN, came back that truck had factory flares installed.

Love my Colorado
By Dana

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Ive only had my colorado for a month or so, but I love it. No problems at all. Very comfortable, great gas mileage. Cant wait to see how it does in the snow.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats. Very comfortable. Gas mileage. Fog lights. Nice ride. Love the looks. And the fact that you can have a sunroof (not available in toyotas).

Suggested Improvements

Dash board upgrade with the leather seating. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Delay lock like on every other GM vehicle Ive owned (I miss it). Bed liner scratches the paint.

Suggestions
By Irv

2009 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up vehicle today---to early to rate anything. There are 3 things I would suggest be changed. The rubber floor mats are worthless, to slick and you can't really even use them, the steering wheel needs to be covered, also to slick, the CD drawer needs complete revision. You almost need to stop the vehicle to return one to the holder. Not well designed.Irv

great so far v-8
By charlie

2009 Chevrolet Colorado VL 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2009 sle canyon v-8 about 2mon. ago it is by far one of the nicest little trucks I have owned or drove ever , it has enough power for about any thing a smaller truck could be used for . I haven't pulled with it yet but I will be trying that very soon , I hope it will pull 3 baggers I fell like it should an hope it will , the interior is really comfortable an I have read many reviews about it an most say the finish is no good like the interior but I thank it is as nice as any I have seen , I don't really understand that but I guess there is a reason but I don't know . An guys an girls the handling is great right on just can't find any after market air filters an pipes V8

Favorite Features

well it handles like a dream an runs like no bodies business great little truck