2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
09 Colorado with 5.3 V8
By jhwhite on 06/03/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have to disagree with the Edmund's reviewer on my vehicle. With the 5.3 liter V8, this truck is more like a sports car with lots of power. The ride is better than I expected from a truck and the interior, although not fancy, is nice. I passed up on a much more expensive "quality" truck with fewer features and less power due to GM incentives and great pricing. I'm very happy with my decision.

Great so far
By Tim on 08/26/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

So far I love this truck even more than the 2000 S-10 extended cab it replaced. I've had many compliments on the color and exterior. I have gone from filling up 7 times a month to 3 on average(though some of that is due to a larger fuel tank). The ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable. The engine seems powerful enough, though I miss the V-6 sound from my S-10. The only real complaints I have are the stereo since they are behind the times and don't have a usb or audio input for an MP3 player. It also seems it could use more interior storage besides the glove box and the arm rest.

New Colorado Owner
By David S on 08/15/09 07:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a truck that offers the following options: fuel efficiency, room for four tall adults/teenagers, and light duty hauling for the occasional new appliance or household item. No towing requirements. It came down to a choice between the Tacoma and Colorado. As long time Toyota 4- Runner owner (216,000 miles), I became a first time Chevy owner based on the extra leg room in the back, a few additional stock features, and overall price savings of about $2k. I usually keep my vehicles for 10-15 years. The 4-cylinder obviously doesn't have the power of a V8, but is peppy enough for my use. Time will tell if my choice was right, but so far I'm very pleased.

2nd Colorado in NC
By dscain on 04/08/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my second Colorado. I owned my first one for 1 1/2 years and would still have it if my kid hadn't outgrown the jump seats in the back of the extended cab. I bought a new Crew Cab, and it is much roomier. Chevy really improved the truck for '09. The brakes operate much more smoothly. Standard OnStar is a nice touch for the price. The new body color trim with chrome accents make the truck look more stylish, and the new chrome wheels look great. The old truck was pretty bulletproof and economical (21 mpg in everyday driving and 27 on trips). As a repeat owner, I am very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck, and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Great Truck - 2WD, 4 cyl, crew cab
By jerry t on 03/07/09 10:53 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove this truck with hesitation after reading the editors review. I tested the Colorado vs the Tacoma. The Chevy won in all categories, in my opinion, except interior design. Contrary to the editor review, this truck is quiet, comfortable and has plenty of power to get you moving and do light truck duty. The truck is not at all bouncy and rides like a car. Chevy added some nice touches to the package I bought like chrome door handles and really sharp looking chrome wheels. A similar Tacoma would cost much more. It braked much better than the Tacomas squishy brake petal and had more power. I never realized how much fun to drive a small 4 cyl truck could be, but it is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado in WA is:

$134 per month*