2008 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Very Pleased

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

LS Regular Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Very Pleased
By Colorado76 on

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 Colorado 2wd regular cab 4 cyl. 5 speed about two months ago. It is Victory Red with fog lights, aluminum wheels, and monochromatic front and rear bumpers. So far, I am very pleased with this truck. The 4 cyl 5 speed combo is fun to drive and has plenty of power even with the a/c on. I am getting 26-27 mpg on the highway and about 21 in the city. Also, the 4 cyl. is fairly quiet and idles smoothly compared to other 4 cyl. engines I have owned or have ridden in. After nearly 2,000 miles, the only changes I would make are: a little more lumbar support in the seats with reclining seatbacks on the models with the LS trim. As far as ride, it's much quieter than my '04 Silverado

2.9 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed powertrain. This makes it a fun to drive little truck. The clutch has a nice feel, and the transmission's shifts are clean and the throws are short. It's a lot like drving a car. I also like the styling and the roominess of the cab. Good list of standard features.

LS split bench seats need more lumbar support and reclining seatbacks. Also, if you adjust the tilt-wheel too low, it blocks the view of the top of the speedometer and tachometer. All in all, a great little truck. I get a lot of compliments on it.