2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great Truck Good Performance
By ShadowKyo on 04/01/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I got the Chevy Colorado because I was tired of driving small cars. I am glad I did, I enjoy the fact that I am higher off the ground great visibility. Interior is top notch compared to some of the other trucks I looked at, very modern. Has the looks of a bigger Silverado without the pain at the pump. Also the automatic is smooth and after driving nothing but manuals for the last few years, it's nice to not be jerked around. Only complaints I have are the keyless entry doesn't work aall the time the first time and the engine fan is incredibly loud when it's engaged.

Great Truck Tows Beautifully
By MichaelB on 02/09/08 23:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I opted for the Colorado because of the MPG and for the tow rating. Tows 3500 lbs like a dream! Could not be happier, except that the seat upgrade would have been a wise choice!

Great Truck
By lucyb on 02/04/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 Tacoma for the Colorado Crew cab, 5cyl, 2wd. To be honest, this was my first American vehicle in quite a few years. I was very surprised and pleased with the quality of the truck and the power of the engine. It's a fun truck to drive and has all the creature comforts that I wanted.

This truck is misunderstood
By rickypaul on 02/04/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I don't get the bad "expert" reviews of this truck. It is the only Crew Cab pickup available with a 4 cyl engine. It performs adequately and gets 26 mgh o the highway! She's comfortable, quiet, and her exterior styling is the best in its class. I drove them all, the Tacoma rides rough, the Frontier is worse. It has the best back seat in its class. Don't be swayed by the so- called "experts." Test drive this truck and make up your own mind. By the way, all of the "innovative" features in the Tacoma and Frontier, such as the tie down tracks) will end up more of an annoyance than a convenience. The Colorado is a good solid, reliable pickup.

Great New Truck!
By jerkyleg on 01/27/08 03:19 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this pickup, but I must say, I love it. The only thing I am not happy with is the tires it came with. They are the General Ameri- Track Tires. I would prefer to have gotten A/T tires with a 4x4

Nice truck!
By Jason on 01/21/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck for running around town. Very quiet cabin when driving around town and at highway speeds. Plenty of leg room and the leather interior is very easy to keep clean. I get around 20 mpg around town, and a little higher on the highway. I have had zero problems so far even though some reviews by rating editors question the quality of build. This is a very nice truck for the price!

Great except no Vanity or Map Lights
By JimK on 01/14/08 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck is fun to drive, It has OnStar, leather, heated seats, etc. Handles great, and tows well. The Z71 PKG is a must have.

Great truck
By Frank Evan on 12/01/07 14:36 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent basic truck! Very roomy & good pep from engine. 3 trips approximately 400 miles ea and I get 25-26 mpg (automatic transmission). These trips have multiple small towns to pass through, hwy speed is mostly 60-65mph. I do not know where the Feds get their mpg information. I have always got the advertised or higher mpg on every vehicle I have owned. Zero quality problems with this truck but only 6&1/2 months ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.