Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Lotsa bang for my buck so far!
By Alex on 04/20/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

After a $5K rebate, took mine home for $23,655 before fees and taxes. Mine came with the 2LT trim w/Z71 off road pkg. So far, no mechanical problems, but wish it was available with a 5 or 6 spd. manual tranny. Am not really sure either why the editor(s) panned it so much. Friend of mine bought a Nissan Frontier and if we're comparing interior fit and finish alone, I'd say they are the same.

Great Truck Tows Beautifully
By MichaelB on 02/09/08 23:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I opted for the Colorado because of the MPG and for the tow rating. Tows 3500 lbs like a dream! Could not be happier, except that the seat upgrade would have been a wise choice!

Great Truck
By lucyb on 02/04/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 Tacoma for the Colorado Crew cab, 5cyl, 2wd. To be honest, this was my first American vehicle in quite a few years. I was very surprised and pleased with the quality of the truck and the power of the engine. It's a fun truck to drive and has all the creature comforts that I wanted.

This truck is misunderstood
By rickypaul on 02/04/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I don't get the bad "expert" reviews of this truck. It is the only Crew Cab pickup available with a 4 cyl engine. It performs adequately and gets 26 mgh o the highway! She's comfortable, quiet, and her exterior styling is the best in its class. I drove them all, the Tacoma rides rough, the Frontier is worse. It has the best back seat in its class. Don't be swayed by the so- called "experts." Test drive this truck and make up your own mind. By the way, all of the "innovative" features in the Tacoma and Frontier, such as the tie down tracks) will end up more of an annoyance than a convenience. The Colorado is a good solid, reliable pickup.

Nice truck!
By Jason on 01/21/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck for running around town. Very quiet cabin when driving around town and at highway speeds. Plenty of leg room and the leather interior is very easy to keep clean. I get around 20 mpg around town, and a little higher on the highway. I have had zero problems so far even though some reviews by rating editors question the quality of build. This is a very nice truck for the price!

Great except no Vanity or Map Lights
By JimK on 01/14/08 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck is fun to drive, It has OnStar, leather, heated seats, etc. Handles great, and tows well. The Z71 PKG is a must have.