Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Switched from Ford to Chevy
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I finally switched over to try a Chevy. I've been driving a new Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and it just wasn't cutting it. This new truck drives great, feels like a car, and is super comfortable.

Favorite Features

Full four doors.

Great Truck
By airborne13f

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck has a lot of torque and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I put a K&N cold air intake and performance catback and it increased the power and fuel economy even more. I am in the military and use my truck to go home on leave. Gets me there without spending to much on gas. I love the style of it, looks sporty. The interior is roomy for passengers or cargo. It hauls my fourwheeler almost like it's not there.

Favorite Features

The exterior style. I love the chrome wheels and bumper. It is fun to drive with the torque in this puppy.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to see around backseat. Needs auxillary input to hook up ipod.

Lots of Room
By Eddy

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room.

Needs interior improvement
By taztoy

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Just put 2000 miles on it over fourth of July weekend. Very comfortable. Plenty of leg room for a tall person and plenty of back seat room for car seats. Great pickup for what it is. When I need to haul something heavy I use my 3/4ton diesel.

Favorite Features

Plenty of oomph for pulling small trailer loads, I. E. Two jet skis, 17 foot car hauling trailer with 1000 pound lawn and garden tractor. Most favorite feature is bench seat in front so my wife can sit next to me.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to see around back seat head rests, needs audio and climate controls in steering wheel, same as full size. Need to have manual tranny available in 4 door z71 for better fuel mileage, power sliding rear window, hard to reach to open or close from front seat

Get one!
By okieradio

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Got my 2008 Colorado last September. Driven 12000 miles. Gas mileage runs 20- 22 in town. Roomy cab, and back seat leg room is adequate for its size. Why the Colorado and not the Silverado? I don't pull anything, and only haul lighter cargo- plus I like the extra room in my garage. I do haul my scooter, and I've carried a bed full of pavers plus three adults with the A/C on and the little 4-cyl powered us right down the road. Engine torques up real quick. Passing on the highway winds it up a little more than I like, but it gets moving right away.

Favorite Features

OnStar! (Safest way to drive & talk.) Torque. Reliability. Roomy crew cab for its size. Paint/Trim/Finish. Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

We used to call it 'passing gear' - it winds up pretty high when overtaking another vehicle or sometimes when entering a highway, but that's just the 4-cyl engine, and I'd rather save gas!