Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

love my truck
By love my truck

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm usually a fullsize truck guy. I recently bought my little colorado and I love it. I couldn't believe how nice a little truck like this could be to drive on long trips and around town. I'm definitely happy with the fuel mileage and the performance. I recently took a road trip through the mountains and I was truly amazed with the power and torque the inline 5 has. The interior has so much room for a truck this size and very fun to drive.I'd would definitely buy it again.

Favorite Features

I like the fog lights and the dimming rear view mirror with compass,

Suggested Improvements

little bit higher ground clearance

never again!
By jim baylock

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Colorado in jan 2009. Everyone says gm quality is as good as anyones. So figured id give them a chance. Fit and finish very poor. Orange Peel in paint. Motor knocks on startup. Constant brake problems. Lots of rattles. Terrible seats. Traded it in today for a Honda. Glad to see it go. I will never buy a gm car or truck again.

Favorite Features

stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality! Motor that doesn't knock on start up. Brakes that dont squeak all the time.

Very disapointed
By Danny

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trouble with my truck. Engine noise when starting, bad brakes and air noise in the cab.None of these have been repaired nor I don't suppose they will be as the dealers say. The engine noise is metal tolerance. I've looked all over the window sticker and it doesn't say anything about an engine knock that you have to live with.The last dealer I took it to fixed it for me. It doesn't knock now because the engine is full of oil additive. The rear lug nuts are worn out because the dealer blowing brake dust out to repair a brake petal situation. The doors are adjusted so tight they pop when you open them. Now thats service. Product is probably good. Service lousy.

Favorite Features

Like my truck except when I have to take it to be repaired.Warranty is only good as the Dealer and the service

Suggested Improvements

They need to stand behind the vehicles and get somebody that knows how to repair them

Not As Great
By Not As Great

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Hello bought mine used in Jan.09 love how is looks but there has been a few problems since then, found out in the inline 5 motor it overheats or runs hot when you are towing, happened a few times to me already. Motor runs loud, tire pressure sensors always need to be reset. Gas mileage is not as good as I was lead to belief for a 5 cyl it should be a lot better. I love the interior room very comfortable on long trips. Bed lights are always going out but I still Love my Colorado. One suggestion invests in a spray on bed liner the stuff that it comes with stinks. Hope this helps

Favorite Features

Interior room

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Great Truck
By mudslinger

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Love the truck 4wd works great on the beach, would buy again!

Favorite Features

Onstar, Looks, Comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Can't see out back window!