2008 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
2008 3.7 liter, 2WD regular cab
By mike morgan on 12/26/08 10:33 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2007 Silverado to get into a truck that was more responsive and I found it in my Colorado. The 5 cylinder offers plenty of power and in line motors are known for torque, this one does not disappoint. The interior is basic low end truck but you get what you pay for. I have no problems with the performance, ride or handling.

Great Truck
By airborne13f on 12/05/08 03:55 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck has a lot of torque and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I put a K&N cold air intake and performance catback and it increased the power and fuel economy even more. I am in the military and use my truck to go home on leave. Gets me there without spending to much on gas. I love the style of it, looks sporty. The interior is roomy for passengers or cargo. It hauls my fourwheeler almost like it's not there.

Nothing Special
By Curry on 11/16/08 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with $5000 in incentives from GM. The 2.9L engine is too small and even though this truck is a 4cyl the truck has to work too hard and gas mileage is terrible for a truck this size. It isn't much better in mileage than my 2005 double cab V8 Tundra. Acceleration is also terrible. There is plenty of leg room which is nice. A negative to this truck is there no storage console, just a cup holder. Also, the back windows in the extra cab don't open at all. Overall, this was a disappointing truck. We'll be sticking with Toyota vehicles from here on out.

Lots of Room
By Eddy on 10/01/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Needs interior improvement
By taztoy on 08/01/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Just put 2000 miles on it over fourth of July weekend. Very comfortable. Plenty of leg room for a tall person and plenty of back seat room for car seats. Great pickup for what it is. When I need to haul something heavy I use my 3/4ton diesel.

Above average; Below expensive
By t on 07/28/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the vehicle notwithdstanding the lack of features, cheap emergency brake release (which comes off), the fact that none of the seats adjust, or that my starter is already experiencing turn over problems. I had to take it in to have the squirrel cage on the a/c replaced, (original one squealed when on), but the fuel economy is good for a truck, and it is very fun to drive; Sporty in one word. Definetly for a younger driver looking to save on insurance and gas, but doesn't mind working out the bugs with the dealership. OnStar is great as well. An all around good buy. Delivers power when demanded. I would have enjoyed a more rugged interior and at least an adjustable driver seat.

Get one!
By okieradio on 07/28/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Got my 2008 Colorado last September. Driven 12000 miles. Gas mileage runs 20- 22 in town. Roomy cab, and back seat leg room is adequate for its size. Why the Colorado and not the Silverado? I don't pull anything, and only haul lighter cargo- plus I like the extra room in my garage. I do haul my scooter, and I've carried a bed full of pavers plus three adults with the A/C on and the little 4-cyl powered us right down the road. Engine torques up real quick. Passing on the highway winds it up a little more than I like, but it gets moving right away.

It's just OK
By Joanne on 07/14/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I should have looked a little harder. It's a bit of a gas guzzler. The interior could use a couple of perks. Had some problems with it starting in extremely cold weather.

Awesome truck!
By Paul on 07/09/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

There is nothing not to love about this truck!I have the 5 cylinder3.7 litre engine (242 horsepower) It has plenty of power, awesome gas mileage for a truck. I'm averaging around 20 - 21 combined,which is pretty much the same mileage I got with my 2006 Honda CR-V! Don't get me wrong the CR-V was a great car also, (I traded it in with 54,000 completely trouble free miles on it) But I am in construction and I really just needed a truck. So far, the Colorado fills my needs perfectly. Don't listen to expert reviews, read the consumer reviews, and don't listen to people complaining about it not having a V8! I had a 2003 Dodge Ram1500 with a V8, and that had less horsepower than my 5 cylinder Colorado!

Great small pickup
By New vehicle on 06/30/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2.9 automatic, extented LT cab with door locks and upgraded seats. I debated between buying a Tacoma and the Colorado. I favored the Tacoma, but the seat in the Tacoma convinced me to buy the Colorado with an elec seat. The 2.9 engine is not underpowered as Consumers Reports and other want to tell you. The 2'9 downshifts less frequently than the 3.5 Terrazo and 4.2 F150 I drove previously. On a 400 mile trip, at 60 mph, on state highways through some small towns, I averaged 27 mpg. It is solid and fun to drive. it is attracting compliments regarding its appearance. It is free-wheeling and coasts a lot around town. That saves on gas. The bed-liner came standard with the pickup.