2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Awesome truck!
By Paul on 07/09/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

There is nothing not to love about this truck!I have the 5 cylinder3.7 litre engine (242 horsepower) It has plenty of power, awesome gas mileage for a truck. I'm averaging around 20 - 21 combined,which is pretty much the same mileage I got with my 2006 Honda CR-V! Don't get me wrong the CR-V was a great car also, (I traded it in with 54,000 completely trouble free miles on it) But I am in construction and I really just needed a truck. So far, the Colorado fills my needs perfectly. Don't listen to expert reviews, read the consumer reviews, and don't listen to people complaining about it not having a V8! I had a 2003 Dodge Ram1500 with a V8, and that had less horsepower than my 5 cylinder Colorado!

Great small pickup
By New vehicle on 06/30/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2.9 automatic, extented LT cab with door locks and upgraded seats. I debated between buying a Tacoma and the Colorado. I favored the Tacoma, but the seat in the Tacoma convinced me to buy the Colorado with an elec seat. The 2.9 engine is not underpowered as Consumers Reports and other want to tell you. The 2'9 downshifts less frequently than the 3.5 Terrazo and 4.2 F150 I drove previously. On a 400 mile trip, at 60 mph, on state highways through some small towns, I averaged 27 mpg. It is solid and fun to drive. it is attracting compliments regarding its appearance. It is free-wheeling and coasts a lot around town. That saves on gas. The bed-liner came standard with the pickup.

Awesome
By dalejr0538 on 05/11/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Colorado and I love it. I have only had it a few months but so far it has served its purpose. I went from an S-10 to the Colorado so it was a huge performance in power, comfort and looks. I also think that a drop in bedliner would be great if it came standard. Also the tires, they should have better from the factory. I love it. Really glad I purchased it.

Bad Apple
By linusanderson on 04/29/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 truck new Dec 27, 2007 (it only have 2400 miles on it now ) and it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. If it setup for a few days it will not start and the dealer feels that the problem is resovled but I do not. I am afraid to use this vehicle for out of town trips because I will never know if it will leave me stranded in another state. This is truly a let down since I have been a Chevy man for thirty five years. I feel that a 2008 vehicle should be more reliable than its predecessors.

Great Truck Good Performance
By ShadowKyo on 04/01/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I got the Chevy Colorado because I was tired of driving small cars. I am glad I did, I enjoy the fact that I am higher off the ground great visibility. Interior is top notch compared to some of the other trucks I looked at, very modern. Has the looks of a bigger Silverado without the pain at the pump. Also the automatic is smooth and after driving nothing but manuals for the last few years, it's nice to not be jerked around. Only complaints I have are the keyless entry doesn't work aall the time the first time and the engine fan is incredibly loud when it's engaged.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.