Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Very disapointed
By Danny

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trouble with my truck. Engine noise when starting, bad brakes and air noise in the cab.None of these have been repaired nor I don't suppose they will be as the dealers say. The engine noise is metal tolerance. I've looked all over the window sticker and it doesn't say anything about an engine knock that you have to live with.The last dealer I took it to fixed it for me. It doesn't knock now because the engine is full of oil additive. The rear lug nuts are worn out because the dealer blowing brake dust out to repair a brake petal situation. The doors are adjusted so tight they pop when you open them. Now thats service. Product is probably good. Service lousy.

Like my truck except when I have to take it to be repaired.Warranty is only good as the Dealer and the service

They need to stand behind the vehicles and get somebody that knows how to repair them

Not As Great
By Not As Great

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Hello bought mine used in Jan.09 love how is looks but there has been a few problems since then, found out in the inline 5 motor it overheats or runs hot when you are towing, happened a few times to me already. Motor runs loud, tire pressure sensors always need to be reset. Gas mileage is not as good as I was lead to belief for a 5 cyl it should be a lot better. I love the interior room very comfortable on long trips. Bed lights are always going out but I still Love my Colorado. One suggestion invests in a spray on bed liner the stuff that it comes with stinks. Hope this helps

Interior room

Better gas mileage

Very pleased
By Herb

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Have had truck for 4 months. I love the thing. All reviews by "experts" are poor, but owner reviews tend to be very positive. I am glad I got it. Left over 08 listed for $28,600, I paid $21,000 with all discounts. On-Star is kind of cool. I just use the cell phone part which works very well ($.15 per minute is very high).Truck is great in snow with good ground clearance. 5 yr 100,000 mile drive train warranty is great. GM quality has come a long way. I hope they can stay in business.

Truck handles well except has fairly large turning radius. MPG is good for a truck with 17-19 in mixed driving and 23-24 ion highway. Acceleration is very good for a truck (I5 engine). Much roomier that previous Ford Ranger, but not so large on outside as full size truck.

Would like a few changes. 10 Better lighting inside (On-Star/outside temp mirror has no interior light). 2)Can not shut off auto dimming on mirror. 3)would like better storage under rear seats. 4) no center console (bought one for $4 at Walmart).

Nothing Special
By Curry

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with $5000 in incentives from GM. The 2.9L engine is too small and even though this truck is a 4cyl the truck has to work too hard and gas mileage is terrible for a truck this size. It isn't much better in mileage than my 2005 double cab V8 Tundra. Acceleration is also terrible. There is plenty of leg room which is nice. A negative to this truck is there no storage console, just a cup holder. Also, the back windows in the extra cab don't open at all. Overall, this was a disappointing truck. We'll be sticking with Toyota vehicles from here on out.

Leg room, OnStar, communication center

Storage in the console area, windows in extra cab should open, bigger engine size

Above average; Below expensive
By t

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the vehicle notwithdstanding the lack of features, cheap emergency brake release (which comes off), the fact that none of the seats adjust, or that my starter is already experiencing turn over problems. I had to take it in to have the squirrel cage on the a/c replaced, (original one squealed when on), but the fuel economy is good for a truck, and it is very fun to drive; Sporty in one word. Definetly for a younger driver looking to save on insurance and gas, but doesn't mind working out the bugs with the dealership. OnStar is great as well. An all around good buy. Delivers power when demanded. I would have enjoyed a more rugged interior and at least an adjustable driver seat.

Power. Take off. Fuel economy. Insurance savings. OnStar. Fun to drive or be seen in

Starter, A/C. Emergency brake release. Interior. Adjustable seat for driver. Rear door asembly