2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Switched from Ford to Chevy
By Mike on 12/28/08 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I finally switched over to try a Chevy. I've been driving a new Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and it just wasn't cutting it. This new truck drives great, feels like a car, and is super comfortable.

Great Truck
By airborne13f on 12/05/08 03:55 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The truck has a lot of torque and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I put a K&N cold air intake and performance catback and it increased the power and fuel economy even more. I am in the military and use my truck to go home on leave. Gets me there without spending to much on gas. I love the style of it, looks sporty. The interior is roomy for passengers or cargo. It hauls my fourwheeler almost like it's not there.

Lots of Room
By Eddy on 10/01/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Needs interior improvement
By taztoy on 08/01/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Just put 2000 miles on it over fourth of July weekend. Very comfortable. Plenty of leg room for a tall person and plenty of back seat room for car seats. Great pickup for what it is. When I need to haul something heavy I use my 3/4ton diesel.

Get one!
By okieradio on 07/28/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Got my 2008 Colorado last September. Driven 12000 miles. Gas mileage runs 20- 22 in town. Roomy cab, and back seat leg room is adequate for its size. Why the Colorado and not the Silverado? I don't pull anything, and only haul lighter cargo- plus I like the extra room in my garage. I do haul my scooter, and I've carried a bed full of pavers plus three adults with the A/C on and the little 4-cyl powered us right down the road. Engine torques up real quick. Passing on the highway winds it up a little more than I like, but it gets moving right away.

It's just OK
By Joanne on 07/14/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I should have looked a little harder. It's a bit of a gas guzzler. The interior could use a couple of perks. Had some problems with it starting in extremely cold weather.

I like it so far.
By t21969 on 06/16/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

It is large and comfortable enough for my wife, three kids and I, and I am 6'4" 280lbs. My Suzuki DR 400 fits in the bed fine with the tailgate down. It has a smooth ride and handles the Texas Panhandle roads well. We have not owned it long enough to get a real test on mileage but I like what I have seen so far.

I like the truck
By Ed on 06/06/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in 11/07 and traded in my Toyota 2004 Tacoma. This is my first American truck and I am pleased. I have over 16000 miles and it rides great. It holds the road and drives like a car. I had no trouble pulling my 6000lb skid loader out of the mud and towing large chippers.

Great truck overall
By Greg on 05/10/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Picked up this 4 WD crew cab pick-up 3/17/08. We've put it through its paces ever since. Added running boards, a Leer cap. Needed the crew cab, as my elderly Dad lives with us. We're a very active "country family," hauling landscaping materials, building materials, "stuff" for the country church we belong to. We just drove it 1600 mi from NYS to Sanibel Island, FL. This truck's a great blend of economy, utility, passenger hauling and comfort. We got 20 mpg on the highway. All spring, before the trip, we hauled green waste to the town transfer station, lumber to build raised vegetable garden beds, and loads of rotted horse manure to add to those beds. Very pleased with our choice.

Great little truck
By Tom on 05/04/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This is my first small truck and I am very pleased with it. Rides great, has a peppy engine that accelerates quickly. My friends Nissan small truck is not as good as this one. Forget what the editors say, this is a mighty fine truck. Bed liner should be included in the future. I have 6000 miles on it and had no problems. Gas mileage is better than indicated by 2-3 mpg.