2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
2008 3.7 liter, 2WD regular cab
By mike morgan on 12/26/08 10:33 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2007 Silverado to get into a truck that was more responsive and I found it in my Colorado. The 5 cylinder offers plenty of power and in line motors are known for torque, this one does not disappoint. The interior is basic low end truck but you get what you pay for. I have no problems with the performance, ride or handling.

Very Pleased
By Colorado76 on 06/15/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 Colorado 2wd regular cab 4 cyl. 5 speed about two months ago. It is Victory Red with fog lights, aluminum wheels, and monochromatic front and rear bumpers. So far, I am very pleased with this truck. The 4 cyl 5 speed combo is fun to drive and has plenty of power even with the a/c on. I am getting 26-27 mpg on the highway and about 21 in the city. Also, the 4 cyl. is fairly quiet and idles smoothly compared to other 4 cyl. engines I have owned or have ridden in. After nearly 2,000 miles, the only changes I would make are: a little more lumbar support in the seats with reclining seatbacks on the models with the LS trim. As far as ride, it's much quieter than my '04 Silverado

Backbreaker
By Pnut on 05/05/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new. I could not take the back pain anymore. There was absolutely no lumbar in the seat. Unfortunately, it took some time to figure this out. I had to push the brake pedal to the floor at times to get it to stop. In the beginning, it seemed to have a lot of power for a 4 cylinder. That didn't last long. I started to hear a noise that sounded like metal grinding on metal. That would be the next buyer's problem!

Great truck
By Frank Evan on 12/01/07 14:36 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent basic truck! Very roomy & good pep from engine. 3 trips approximately 400 miles ea and I get 25-26 mpg (automatic transmission). These trips have multiple small towns to pass through, hwy speed is mostly 60-65mph. I do not know where the Feds get their mpg information. I have always got the advertised or higher mpg on every vehicle I have owned. Zero quality problems with this truck but only 6&1/2 months ownership.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.