Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

never again!
By jim baylock

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Colorado in jan 2009. Everyone says gm quality is as good as anyones. So figured id give them a chance. Fit and finish very poor. Orange Peel in paint. Motor knocks on startup. Constant brake problems. Lots of rattles. Terrible seats. Traded it in today for a Honda. Glad to see it go. I will never buy a gm car or truck again.

Favorite Features

stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality! Motor that doesn't knock on start up. Brakes that dont squeak all the time.

2008 3.7 liter, 2WD regular cab
By mike morgan

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2007 Silverado to get into a truck that was more responsive and I found it in my Colorado. The 5 cylinder offers plenty of power and in line motors are known for torque, this one does not disappoint. The interior is basic low end truck but you get what you pay for. I have no problems with the performance, ride or handling.

Favorite Features

Surprising in-line power and very good mileage even with 3.73 rearend gears.

Suggested Improvements

The hood release and break realise are often mistaken for one another. Get rid of the worthless 60/40 front seat, you can not fit 3 people across in the cab.

Very Pleased
By Colorado76

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 Colorado 2wd regular cab 4 cyl. 5 speed about two months ago. It is Victory Red with fog lights, aluminum wheels, and monochromatic front and rear bumpers. So far, I am very pleased with this truck. The 4 cyl 5 speed combo is fun to drive and has plenty of power even with the a/c on. I am getting 26-27 mpg on the highway and about 21 in the city. Also, the 4 cyl. is fairly quiet and idles smoothly compared to other 4 cyl. engines I have owned or have ridden in. After nearly 2,000 miles, the only changes I would make are: a little more lumbar support in the seats with reclining seatbacks on the models with the LS trim. As far as ride, it's much quieter than my '04 Silverado

Favorite Features

2.9 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed powertrain. This makes it a fun to drive little truck. The clutch has a nice feel, and the transmission's shifts are clean and the throws are short. It's a lot like drving a car. I also like the styling and the roominess of the cab. Good list of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

LS split bench seats need more lumbar support and reclining seatbacks. Also, if you adjust the tilt-wheel too low, it blocks the view of the top of the speedometer and tachometer. All in all, a great little truck. I get a lot of compliments on it.

poor performance
By very dissapointed

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado in April looking for fuel economy the salesman were very good. But this truck is full of probiems. Just to start the fuel economy, it gives only 19 miles per gallon on the expway. This traveling 200 miles north with the wind going the same direction. The brakes do not work fine after the truck being parked for more than 4 hours. It does not have any power at all. I feel this is not I reliable for family, truck. The worst part for me is the poor shop service the place I bought my truck has. The personnel checked the truck in less than 5 minutes and told me that the computer did not registered anything wrong and in regard to the brakes the manager said " it is brakes dust.

Backbreaker
By Pnut

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new. I could not take the back pain anymore. There was absolutely no lumbar in the seat. Unfortunately, it took some time to figure this out. I had to push the brake pedal to the floor at times to get it to stop. In the beginning, it seemed to have a lot of power for a 4 cylinder. That didn't last long. I started to hear a noise that sounded like metal grinding on metal. That would be the next buyer's problem!

Suggested Improvements

Cut a whole in the side of the seat and blow a little extra cushion in there for lumbar so you can save the customer some money on back problems!