Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

loving it!!
By dirty_mike

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 colorado used , have not looked back, the 4 cylinder has enough power to pull a 14ft boat or load of wood in the back well.(I don't haul large loads/thats why I bought the 4 popper) the extended cab has enough room for me and my two children in the back 6 and 4. only complain I have is GET a spray in bedliner along the bottom of the panels, for some reason the tires stick out just enough to kick stones at the truck. So outside that con, if you want 4x4 light towing payload/fun to drive/and not bad gas mielage(20 city 25-26 highway)this is hands down a good buy.

4x4 is smooth as silk, good sight all around the truck(blind spot free)

larger wheel well flares to deflect stones.

truck awful
By marty

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

As far as I'm concerned the thing is an underpowered piece of overpriced plastic junk. I have always been a Chevy guy, but this is the end of my Chevy days. My last one was a 2000 sonoma and I thought the plastic was too much. Now I go to open the console and it's like lifting a piece of plastic milk jug, flimsy crap! For sale not driving it junk, junk, junk.

none, it's plain even with all options

more power would be great,maybe spruce it up a bit in the inside. And get rid of the plastic.

Excellent truck!
By silver08colorado

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

The truck has decent stock power and performance for the 5 cyl. I had to make some slight modifications to increase its overall power and now I'm up there right around the stock v8. I got the truck with 22 miles on it, and I've put on over 24,000 miles since. This truck has a mean look to it. Even though I have the silver birch color, I would have liked the silver to be a more true silver like the Toyota. The gas mileage isn't the greatest, I average about 260-280 miles per full tank before the "low fuel" light comes on. I have the cloth interior which I enjoy. Only issue I had was a loose connection on the 4wd box which was fixed under warranty.

Modifications done.

improved gas mileage, better interior design (looks cheaply made)

Good Midsized Truck
By Matt

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good midsized truck. It's much better than the s-10 it replaced was underpowered and had too little interior room. The 4 cylinder is adequate and gets good mileage. Interior is comfortable and has enough room. I like the interior space dimensions. The exterior is attractive. The only downsides are the occasionally squeaky brakes and door gaskets which once in a while make noise on bad roads. The Colorado is a good truck. Glad I bought it and would recommend to other potential buyers.

Exterior styling Fuel economy interior room Exterior dimensions

Better brake pads-softer material Slightly thicker seats- they are adequate, but a little thicker is better better back seats- jump seats too uncomfortable

love my truck
By love my truck

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm usually a fullsize truck guy. I recently bought my little colorado and I love it. I couldn't believe how nice a little truck like this could be to drive on long trips and around town. I'm definitely happy with the fuel mileage and the performance. I recently took a road trip through the mountains and I was truly amazed with the power and torque the inline 5 has. The interior has so much room for a truck this size and very fun to drive.I'd would definitely buy it again.

I like the fog lights and the dimming rear view mirror with compass,

little bit higher ground clearance

• SUV