2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
loving it!!
By dirty_mike on 09/17/12 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 colorado used , have not looked back, the 4 cylinder has enough power to pull a 14ft boat or load of wood in the back well.(I don't haul large loads/thats why I bought the 4 popper) the extended cab has enough room for me and my two children in the back 6 and 4. only complain I have is GET a spray in bedliner along the bottom of the panels, for some reason the tires stick out just enough to kick stones at the truck. So outside that con, if you want 4x4 light towing payload/fun to drive/and not bad gas mielage(20 city 25-26 highway)this is hands down a good buy.

truck awful
By marty on 08/04/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

As far as I'm concerned the thing is an underpowered piece of overpriced plastic junk. I have always been a Chevy guy, but this is the end of my Chevy days. My last one was a 2000 sonoma and I thought the plastic was too much. Now I go to open the console and it's like lifting a piece of plastic milk jug, flimsy crap! For sale not driving it junk, junk, junk.

Excellent truck!
By silver08colorado on 06/23/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

The truck has decent stock power and performance for the 5 cyl. I had to make some slight modifications to increase its overall power and now I'm up there right around the stock v8. I got the truck with 22 miles on it, and I've put on over 24,000 miles since. This truck has a mean look to it. Even though I have the silver birch color, I would have liked the silver to be a more true silver like the Toyota. The gas mileage isn't the greatest, I average about 260-280 miles per full tank before the "low fuel" light comes on. I have the cloth interior which I enjoy. Only issue I had was a loose connection on the 4wd box which was fixed under warranty.

Good Midsized Truck
By Matt on 06/19/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

It's a good midsized truck. It's much better than the s-10 it replaced was underpowered and had too little interior room. The 4 cylinder is adequate and gets good mileage. Interior is comfortable and has enough room. I like the interior space dimensions. The exterior is attractive. The only downsides are the occasionally squeaky brakes and door gaskets which once in a while make noise on bad roads. The Colorado is a good truck. Glad I bought it and would recommend to other potential buyers.

love my truck
By love my truck on 11/21/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm usually a fullsize truck guy. I recently bought my little colorado and I love it. I couldn't believe how nice a little truck like this could be to drive on long trips and around town. I'm definitely happy with the fuel mileage and the performance. I recently took a road trip through the mountains and I was truly amazed with the power and torque the inline 5 has. The interior has so much room for a truck this size and very fun to drive.I'd would definitely buy it again.

Very disapointed
By Danny on 07/26/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have had a lot of trouble with my truck. Engine noise when starting, bad brakes and air noise in the cab.None of these have been repaired nor I don't suppose they will be as the dealers say. The engine noise is metal tolerance. I've looked all over the window sticker and it doesn't say anything about an engine knock that you have to live with.The last dealer I took it to fixed it for me. It doesn't knock now because the engine is full of oil additive. The rear lug nuts are worn out because the dealer blowing brake dust out to repair a brake petal situation. The doors are adjusted so tight they pop when you open them. Now thats service. Product is probably good. Service lousy.

Not As Great
By Not As Great on 06/30/09 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Hello bought mine used in Jan.09 love how is looks but there has been a few problems since then, found out in the inline 5 motor it overheats or runs hot when you are towing, happened a few times to me already. Motor runs loud, tire pressure sensors always need to be reset. Gas mileage is not as good as I was lead to belief for a 5 cyl it should be a lot better. I love the interior room very comfortable on long trips. Bed lights are always going out but I still Love my Colorado. One suggestion invests in a spray on bed liner the stuff that it comes with stinks. Hope this helps

Very pleased
By Herb on 03/21/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Have had truck for 4 months. I love the thing. All reviews by "experts" are poor, but owner reviews tend to be very positive. I am glad I got it. Left over 08 listed for $28,600, I paid $21,000 with all discounts. On-Star is kind of cool. I just use the cell phone part which works very well ($.15 per minute is very high).Truck is great in snow with good ground clearance. 5 yr 100,000 mile drive train warranty is great. GM quality has come a long way. I hope they can stay in business.

Nothing Special
By Curry on 11/16/08 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with $5000 in incentives from GM. The 2.9L engine is too small and even though this truck is a 4cyl the truck has to work too hard and gas mileage is terrible for a truck this size. It isn't much better in mileage than my 2005 double cab V8 Tundra. Acceleration is also terrible. There is plenty of leg room which is nice. A negative to this truck is there no storage console, just a cup holder. Also, the back windows in the extra cab don't open at all. Overall, this was a disappointing truck. We'll be sticking with Toyota vehicles from here on out.

Above average; Below expensive
By t on 07/28/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the vehicle notwithdstanding the lack of features, cheap emergency brake release (which comes off), the fact that none of the seats adjust, or that my starter is already experiencing turn over problems. I had to take it in to have the squirrel cage on the a/c replaced, (original one squealed when on), but the fuel economy is good for a truck, and it is very fun to drive; Sporty in one word. Definetly for a younger driver looking to save on insurance and gas, but doesn't mind working out the bugs with the dealership. OnStar is great as well. An all around good buy. Delivers power when demanded. I would have enjoyed a more rugged interior and at least an adjustable driver seat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Extended-cab in VA is:

$120 per month*