Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Worst Vehicle I ever bought! Avoid at all costs!
By runnscore

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Chevrolet Colorado used from the dealer with 36,000 miles. Unfortunately I did not purchase the extended warranty. From day 1 I had problems with cold start hesitations. Spent lots of money at the dealership to fix with no luck. I had the truck for 2 years and every 4 months the battery would just die. The dealership could not figure out this problem either. I also had two seperate problems with the a/c just stop working. The last straw was when the truck's battery died when my pregnant wife was driving the truck and I was out of town. Avoid this truck. I am so much happier with my Toyota.

Favorite Features

Radio, 4 full doors with the crew cab

Suggested Improvements

make it reliable!

Like this truck
By A Cossick

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Only owned a few weeks so far - I want to address some of the complaints I read here before buying. First, the back of the seat does adjust and there is a lumbar firmness adjustment. My wife is particular about back support and she really likes the comfort. Second, the rear headrests do restrict view a little, but all you need to do is fold down the seat. If someone is in back their head would block the view just as much as the headrest - use the rear view mirrors. We have the Z71 with the 3.7. The ride is not as smooth as a car but it passed the wife test, she really likes the ride. Not a rattle or squeak anywhere either (bought it used with 13k). Overall very pleased so far.

Favorite Features

Good ride for a truck, right size to fit in parking spaces, plays MP3 in dash, plenty of room for kids in back, slot in bedliner - put a board there so stuff does not slide forward in the bed.

Suggested Improvements

These issues are MINOR: Rear fender flares nicked from stuff coming up off front tires - should probably come with mudflaps std on Z71. Notice a fair amount of tire noise with windows down, could probably put a highway tire on the 2WD version. Provide adjust to raise seat to provide leg support.

Lots of Room
By Eddy

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Favorite Features

Lots of room.

Get one!
By okieradio

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Got my 2008 Colorado last September. Driven 12000 miles. Gas mileage runs 20- 22 in town. Roomy cab, and back seat leg room is adequate for its size. Why the Colorado and not the Silverado? I don't pull anything, and only haul lighter cargo- plus I like the extra room in my garage. I do haul my scooter, and I've carried a bed full of pavers plus three adults with the A/C on and the little 4-cyl powered us right down the road. Engine torques up real quick. Passing on the highway winds it up a little more than I like, but it gets moving right away.

Favorite Features

OnStar! (Safest way to drive & talk.) Torque. Reliability. Roomy crew cab for its size. Paint/Trim/Finish. Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

We used to call it 'passing gear' - it winds up pretty high when overtaking another vehicle or sometimes when entering a highway, but that's just the 4-cyl engine, and I'd rather save gas!

Great Truck
By lucyb

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 Tacoma for the Colorado Crew cab, 5cyl, 2wd. To be honest, this was my first American vehicle in quite a few years. I was very surprised and pleased with the quality of the truck and the power of the engine. It's a fun truck to drive and has all the creature comforts that I wanted.

Favorite Features

Engine power, OnStar, exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the bed liner was a standard feature.