2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
2008 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab - 130,000 mile review
By dstanzini on 02/19/14 03:39 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I must say, I've always had Silverado's before but was looking for something a little netter fuel-wise and lower to the ground for my elderly parents to be able to get in and out of. I am rather impressed with this little truck. I've put 130,000 mile on it and the only issue I had was the water pump went at about 80,000, but it was covered under warranty. The only other annoying little issue is that the rear brake squeak after awhile. There is brake dust that builds up in there. This truck has a snow plow in the winter and I tow a trailer for the band and my classic 55 Chevy so I am not easy on it. Towing up hill is a little rough. Gas mileage is decent about 22 hwy and about 17-18 city

Worst Vehicle I ever bought! Avoid at all costs!
By runnscore on 04/18/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Chevrolet Colorado used from the dealer with 36,000 miles. Unfortunately I did not purchase the extended warranty. From day 1 I had problems with cold start hesitations. Spent lots of money at the dealership to fix with no luck. I had the truck for 2 years and every 4 months the battery would just die. The dealership could not figure out this problem either. I also had two seperate problems with the a/c just stop working. The last straw was when the truck's battery died when my pregnant wife was driving the truck and I was out of town. Avoid this truck. I am so much happier with my Toyota.

Like this truck
By A Cossick on 06/05/10 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Only owned a few weeks so far - I want to address some of the complaints I read here before buying. First, the back of the seat does adjust and there is a lumbar firmness adjustment. My wife is particular about back support and she really likes the comfort. Second, the rear headrests do restrict view a little, but all you need to do is fold down the seat. If someone is in back their head would block the view just as much as the headrest - use the rear view mirrors. We have the Z71 with the 3.7. The ride is not as smooth as a car but it passed the wife test, she really likes the ride. Not a rattle or squeak anywhere either (bought it used with 13k). Overall very pleased so far.

Good Truck
By TFA on 05/14/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Truck has been very dependable and has done very well hauling loads and the family on long trips.

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab
By Pete on 02/05/10 14:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The Z71 PKG is a must have. It gives the truck a better look and better visibility when on the highway. I've put 22000 miles on the truck and was a little disappointed with the gas mileage until I put a Tonneau cover on the bed which increased the gas mileage to 20.4 mpg. I've had no brake issues or any mechanical issues. Truck has popped into 4-wheel high twice when I was making a higher than normal speed sharp right turn into my driveway; but, I can't say for certain that I didn't accidentally bump the 4H button. Anyone else ever have this happen? I wish the 3500 pound towing capacity was higher and the gas tank range was greater; but, all in all I love the truck. OnStar renewal s/b less $.

Great Truck
By mudslinger on 06/20/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Love the truck 4wd works great on the beach, would buy again!

Good little truck
By tonym on 06/16/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Overall I like the truck. Had some initial problems with a bad Onstar module that was draining the battery. Was fixed under warranty. Gas mileage could be better but have been averaging 20.5 mpg combined lately. Much, much better than the F150 this replaced. Decent styling, very good ride. Fit and finish of exterior could be better. Four wheel drive with locking differential was a big plus during our last New England winter.

Fun in the Mud
By Taychiro on 02/22/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I was disappointed with the gas mileage and the 4WD until on a trip into the desert the pavement had run out. It had been raining for two days and the road was a mass of mud and water. I put it into 4WD low and powered through, no problems. We went about a mile until we reached a road and although hairy it was fun and we made it without a problem. This truck is a billy goat and I would not hesitate to take it 4 wheeling any time.

Love the truck
By Greg on 01/16/09 03:44 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I keep my trucks a long time. Last two were 11 years and 9 years. I plan on driving the Colorado for at least 12 years or more. We love this truck. I'd ordered it and had exactly the options on it I wanted. I am a little disappointed in gas mileage. Tows my 14 ft fishing boat great. My last truck was a K1500 and I was concerned the small 5 ft bed would be too small. But it's been adequate. Handles great in the snow.

Switched from Ford to Chevy
By Mike on 12/28/08 07:36 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I finally switched over to try a Chevy. I've been driving a new Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and it just wasn't cutting it. This new truck drives great, feels like a car, and is super comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado Crew-cab in NJ is:

$222 per month*