Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

British Sports Car/Truck
By revbeagle

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new in Fall 2008. It's now July 2014, less than 65k on the truck-have so far replaced heat shield (5k), headlight (10k), lumbar&blower(18k), ignition (40k), fuel pump (50k), fuel line (55k). The 5-cyl engine must be warmed up or it sputters on the next start (why?). Once it is running it is like a British sports car-I love the way it looks, handles, the engine has plenty of power & low-end torque and sounds great. But it's also like a BSC in that there is always something to fix! Gas mileage is outpaced by full-size models (my 2WD Z71 Crew Cab gets 16/20.5 on flat Florida roads). Lackluster interior w/ no tech. GM knows how to build better trucks, but didn't try.

Favorite Features

Performance (not including mpg), Looks, Safety.

Suggested Improvements

I'd love to see some original thinking go into this truck, but it's like GM set out to be mediocre. (To be clear, I purchased it because of the looks, small size and incentives at time of purchase) Back seat storage is nil (see Frontier). Speakers stink on my loaded model, leather seats are comfortable but already have broken bevel with normal usage at 65k. Why does it require a 30 second (awkward wait) warmup? This non-inflated, good-looking and powerful truck has so much holding it back. I'll be getting rid of it soon.

2008 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab - 130,000 mile review
By dstanzini

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I must say, I've always had Silverado's before but was looking for something a little netter fuel-wise and lower to the ground for my elderly parents to be able to get in and out of. I am rather impressed with this little truck. I've put 130,000 mile on it and the only issue I had was the water pump went at about 80,000, but it was covered under warranty. The only other annoying little issue is that the rear brake squeak after awhile. There is brake dust that builds up in there. This truck has a snow plow in the winter and I tow a trailer for the band and my classic 55 Chevy so I am not easy on it. Towing up hill is a little rough. Gas mileage is decent about 22 hwy and about 17-18 city

Favorite Features

Small compact, good entry /exit, decent gas mileage, pretty comfortable. Very reliable Tows well, handles well, stops well. Nice stereo although I wish it had an 1/8 jack input for an MP3 player. 15" tires are inexpensive to replace

Suggested Improvements

I would put disc brakes on the rear instead of drum brakes. The drum brakes squeak. I would also put and MP3 input jack on the stereo

Good Truck
By TFA

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Truck has been very dependable and has done very well hauling loads and the family on long trips.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling

Suggested Improvements

Add rear air conditioning vents

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

The Z71 PKG is a must have. It gives the truck a better look and better visibility when on the highway. I've put 22000 miles on the truck and was a little disappointed with the gas mileage until I put a Tonneau cover on the bed which increased the gas mileage to 20.4 mpg. I've had no brake issues or any mechanical issues. Truck has popped into 4-wheel high twice when I was making a higher than normal speed sharp right turn into my driveway; but, I can't say for certain that I didn't accidentally bump the 4H button. Anyone else ever have this happen? I wish the 3500 pound towing capacity was higher and the gas tank range was greater; but, all in all I love the truck. OnStar renewal s/b less $.

Favorite Features

The Z71 PKG; the Inferno Orange color; the interior room and comfort (no back pains here). Truck handle like a dream in the snow with the 4H engaged. The oil monitoring system saves a lot of $ and is environmentally friendly. 2nd oil change per On Star will be at around 24,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Can the 3500 pound towing capacity be increased without sacrificing gas mile? I'd also like the gas tank range to greater.

Great Truck
By mudslinger

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Love the truck 4wd works great on the beach, would buy again!

Favorite Features

Onstar, Looks, Comfort!

Suggested Improvements

Can't see out back window!