2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Worst Vehicle I ever bought! Avoid at all costs!
By runnscore on 04/18/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Chevrolet Colorado used from the dealer with 36,000 miles. Unfortunately I did not purchase the extended warranty. From day 1 I had problems with cold start hesitations. Spent lots of money at the dealership to fix with no luck. I had the truck for 2 years and every 4 months the battery would just die. The dealership could not figure out this problem either. I also had two seperate problems with the a/c just stop working. The last straw was when the truck's battery died when my pregnant wife was driving the truck and I was out of town. Avoid this truck. I am so much happier with my Toyota.

Like this truck
By A Cossick on 06/05/10 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Only owned a few weeks so far - I want to address some of the complaints I read here before buying. First, the back of the seat does adjust and there is a lumbar firmness adjustment. My wife is particular about back support and she really likes the comfort. Second, the rear headrests do restrict view a little, but all you need to do is fold down the seat. If someone is in back their head would block the view just as much as the headrest - use the rear view mirrors. We have the Z71 with the 3.7. The ride is not as smooth as a car but it passed the wife test, she really likes the ride. Not a rattle or squeak anywhere either (bought it used with 13k). Overall very pleased so far.

Lots of Room
By Eddy on 10/01/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought truck in August and it's fun to drive and very roomy. Had 4 adults, one child in a car seat and a dog in the car and still had a lot of room to spare. Gas mileage was a little less than expected but still not bad. Love it.

Get one!
By okieradio on 07/28/08 07:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Got my 2008 Colorado last September. Driven 12000 miles. Gas mileage runs 20- 22 in town. Roomy cab, and back seat leg room is adequate for its size. Why the Colorado and not the Silverado? I don't pull anything, and only haul lighter cargo- plus I like the extra room in my garage. I do haul my scooter, and I've carried a bed full of pavers plus three adults with the A/C on and the little 4-cyl powered us right down the road. Engine torques up real quick. Passing on the highway winds it up a little more than I like, but it gets moving right away.

Great Truck
By lucyb on 02/04/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 Tacoma for the Colorado Crew cab, 5cyl, 2wd. To be honest, this was my first American vehicle in quite a few years. I was very surprised and pleased with the quality of the truck and the power of the engine. It's a fun truck to drive and has all the creature comforts that I wanted.

This truck is misunderstood
By rickypaul on 02/04/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I don't get the bad "expert" reviews of this truck. It is the only Crew Cab pickup available with a 4 cyl engine. It performs adequately and gets 26 mgh o the highway! She's comfortable, quiet, and her exterior styling is the best in its class. I drove them all, the Tacoma rides rough, the Frontier is worse. It has the best back seat in its class. Don't be swayed by the so- called "experts." Test drive this truck and make up your own mind. By the way, all of the "innovative" features in the Tacoma and Frontier, such as the tie down tracks) will end up more of an annoyance than a convenience. The Colorado is a good solid, reliable pickup.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.