Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

love my truck
By love my truck

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm usually a fullsize truck guy. I recently bought my little colorado and I love it. I couldn't believe how nice a little truck like this could be to drive on long trips and around town. I'm definitely happy with the fuel mileage and the performance. I recently took a road trip through the mountains and I was truly amazed with the power and torque the inline 5 has. The interior has so much room for a truck this size and very fun to drive.I'd would definitely buy it again.

Favorite Features

I like the fog lights and the dimming rear view mirror with compass,

Suggested Improvements

little bit higher ground clearance

Above average; Below expensive
By t

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving the vehicle notwithdstanding the lack of features, cheap emergency brake release (which comes off), the fact that none of the seats adjust, or that my starter is already experiencing turn over problems. I had to take it in to have the squirrel cage on the a/c replaced, (original one squealed when on), but the fuel economy is good for a truck, and it is very fun to drive; Sporty in one word. Definetly for a younger driver looking to save on insurance and gas, but doesn't mind working out the bugs with the dealership. OnStar is great as well. An all around good buy. Delivers power when demanded. I would have enjoyed a more rugged interior and at least an adjustable driver seat.

Favorite Features

Power. Take off. Fuel economy. Insurance savings. OnStar. Fun to drive or be seen in

Suggested Improvements

Starter, A/C. Emergency brake release. Interior. Adjustable seat for driver. Rear door asembly

Great small pickup
By New vehicle

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2.9 automatic, extented LT cab with door locks and upgraded seats. I debated between buying a Tacoma and the Colorado. I favored the Tacoma, but the seat in the Tacoma convinced me to buy the Colorado with an elec seat. The 2.9 engine is not underpowered as Consumers Reports and other want to tell you. The 2'9 downshifts less frequently than the 3.5 Terrazo and 4.2 F150 I drove previously. On a 400 mile trip, at 60 mph, on state highways through some small towns, I averaged 27 mpg. It is solid and fun to drive. it is attracting compliments regarding its appearance. It is free-wheeling and coasts a lot around town. That saves on gas. The bed-liner came standard with the pickup.