Used 2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2008 3.7 liter, 2WD regular cab
By mike morgan

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2007 Silverado to get into a truck that was more responsive and I found it in my Colorado. The 5 cylinder offers plenty of power and in line motors are known for torque, this one does not disappoint. The interior is basic low end truck but you get what you pay for. I have no problems with the performance, ride or handling.

Surprising in-line power and very good mileage even with 3.73 rearend gears.

The hood release and break realise are often mistaken for one another. Get rid of the worthless 60/40 front seat, you can not fit 3 people across in the cab.

Very Pleased
By Colorado76

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 Colorado 2wd regular cab 4 cyl. 5 speed about two months ago. It is Victory Red with fog lights, aluminum wheels, and monochromatic front and rear bumpers. So far, I am very pleased with this truck. The 4 cyl 5 speed combo is fun to drive and has plenty of power even with the a/c on. I am getting 26-27 mpg on the highway and about 21 in the city. Also, the 4 cyl. is fairly quiet and idles smoothly compared to other 4 cyl. engines I have owned or have ridden in. After nearly 2,000 miles, the only changes I would make are: a little more lumbar support in the seats with reclining seatbacks on the models with the LS trim. As far as ride, it's much quieter than my '04 Silverado

2.9 4 cylinder engine and 5 speed powertrain. This makes it a fun to drive little truck. The clutch has a nice feel, and the transmission's shifts are clean and the throws are short. It's a lot like drving a car. I also like the styling and the roominess of the cab. Good list of standard features.

LS split bench seats need more lumbar support and reclining seatbacks. Also, if you adjust the tilt-wheel too low, it blocks the view of the top of the speedometer and tachometer. All in all, a great little truck. I get a lot of compliments on it.

Backbreaker
By Pnut

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new. I could not take the back pain anymore. There was absolutely no lumbar in the seat. Unfortunately, it took some time to figure this out. I had to push the brake pedal to the floor at times to get it to stop. In the beginning, it seemed to have a lot of power for a 4 cylinder. That didn't last long. I started to hear a noise that sounded like metal grinding on metal. That would be the next buyer's problem!

Cut a whole in the side of the seat and blow a little extra cushion in there for lumbar so you can save the customer some money on back problems!

Great truck
By Frank Evan

2008 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent basic truck! Very roomy & good pep from engine. 3 trips approximately 400 miles ea and I get 25-26 mpg (automatic transmission). These trips have multiple small towns to pass through, hwy speed is mostly 60-65mph. I do not know where the Feds get their mpg information. I have always got the advertised or higher mpg on every vehicle I have owned. Zero quality problems with this truck but only 6&1/2 months ownership.

Shorten the turning radius - 44 feet is ridiculous. Better wet weather traction on rear wheels.