Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2 on
2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)
I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.
Favorite Features
My favorite features would be the power. I've had other four cylinders that won't climb a driveway let alone a grade such as the one headed to Vegas from Cali. This truck rolls right up any hill with ac on high and cruise control set at 70 mph. I like the overall look of the truck inside and out but I'd say looking at it facing the front of it on the outside is my favorite. The way the lights and grille and everything are it looks like it's actually smiling at me. Now I'm moving to what needs improvement...please read on.
Suggested Improvements
Ok this is where things go bad. First of all when I was trying to buy this truck the dealer had two to choose from and this was the case all over California and believe me I looked. Very little color selection and very basic features. The truck rides like a tank and the seats are as hard as sitting on a curb. You go for long drives and get out feeling like you just took a but kicking. It has the turn ratio of the titanic so plan on mostly 3 point turn around's. Then it has a security system called pass lock that lets you actually start the truck sometimes. Chevy puts all effort into the Silverado. If they'd just put a Silverado interior and suspension it'd be a class A truck. No pass lock.