2007 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: 9 months in Colorado in North

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Review

9 months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale on

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I now have owned the truck for 9 months and have almost 11,000 miles on it. I am still very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck. I'm still getting 19-20 mpg in everyday driving (even when running the a/c), with 26-27 mpg on trips (at 70-75 mph, no less). The only repairs it has needed in 11,000 miles are a new driver's seat cushion (to fix loose upholstery) and a new HVAC control head (to fix a temperature knob that wouldn't go all the way). Other than those two minor things, it's been completely reliable. I'm a very satisfied owner, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the truck based on my own experience.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage. Very reliable. Big enough to be useful but small enough to be affordable. CD player plays MP3 CD's.

Suggested Improvements

Still wish cruise control switches were on the steering wheel. Turning circle is huge! Doors sometimes have to be shut more than once to close properly. More power would make trailer towing easier, but I don't need it if it comes at the expense of gas mileage.