Used 2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Disappointed in reliability
By Arnie

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

At less than 10000 miles reduced power and check engine light kept coming on about every two or three weeks. I called the dealership and waqs told that I would have to drive it in with thr reduced power on for them to find the problem. As I write this the truck is under the garage and will not start. Put in new battery and stil nothing. Will call dealership tomorrow and have it towed to the shop. Very disappointed in a truck that's only a year old. Never know what going to go wrong next.

Favorite Features

XM Radio

Suggested Improvements

Seating comfort, engine reliability, fuel mileage,

2007 Colorado Is Great
By JohnC

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned this truck for several months and have nothing but good experiences, except at the pump. The ride is great, 5 cylinder runs smooth, and the transmission shifts perfectly. I'm not sure about the reviews that say this truck is underpowered compared to foreign trucks with V6's. It's a truck, not a dragster.I have no complaints on acceleration. This is a solid truck. I love the people who complain about design features, jeez, don't you look at a vehicle before you buy it.

Favorite Features

Ride, smooth engine, great improvement over S10.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more supportive. Of course, better mileage.

Decent Truck
By Da Truck Guy

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

A very enjoyable and capable truck. Bought a 3LT Z71 4X4. Gets pretty good mileage 20-22 MPG to and from work. On a road trip (2000 miles) we got 23 MPG. Plenty of power when you need it but not the fastest. Got leather seats and is comfortable. This truck is way ahead of the S10 I replaced. Bad side: Had issues with steering shaft at 500 miles. Only to find out it was a common problem (GM knew) and then had to wait due to nationwide backlog. If they knew this upfront, they should have fixed it prior to selling it. As a result I have a bad taste in my mouth about GM (and we are a GM Family). May consider another brand on next purchase. But since it has been fixed we have had no issues.

Favorite Features

XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Quality control out of the factory. If you know that there is a problem, fix it before you send it to the dealer or sell it. This is what your competition is doing.

Colorado Crewcab 2 WD
By Joe Borrero

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

For the price, so far it seems to be a great deal. It is easy to drive, park and to put in the garage. The fuel economy on the 5 cyl is debatable but you get more power than in the 4 cyl. I would like to see at least 30 mpg not epa but real gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Size, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Need better gas mileage

DH Jensen
By Don Jensen

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Enjoy the truck, could have power,feels solid, handles well, leather seats increases comfort, seats are larger, could be more back seat room, would prefere back seat to lay flatter that would give more room.

Favorite Features

Leather seating, power seats, heated seats, XM radio, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

More room back seat, more power