2007 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: 2007 Z71 Crew Cab w/ 3.73 gear

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

2007 Z71 Crew Cab w/ 3.73 gears & tow pk
By Derek on

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2007 Colorado Crew Cab Z-71, 4x4. I get about 18 mpg on a tank, with the 5 cyl and Automatic trans (75 - 80mph on highway). Keep in mind I have the trailer towing package and 3.73 gears which are deep. I have the limited slip rear end, so I have a "true" 4x4. I don't think 18 mpg is too bad for a truck like this. One tank I got 20+ mpg. It's solid, well build, far and away better than the S10 (which I also owned). Unlike the S10; my Colorado is comfortable enough to use for those 1,000+ mile trips. I just wish Chevrolet was bright enough to offer the diesel engine, which is available in the Isuzu 370...only in Japan; but, it is the same truck as the Colorado and Canyon.

While it is loaded with every option, including power sunroof, I wouldn't say it has any features that you can't get on another car, or truck. So to say "favorite" features...I like power options. Hey, I traded a 2002 Cadillac DeVille in on my Colorado, so I might be a little spoiled on features.

I hate the fact everything is going to short beds, I wish Chevrolet offered a longer bed on the crew cab. Does anyone still use a truck to haul things? Or buy slide-in truck campers? Soon the beds on most trucks will only be good to haul a sandwich home from Subway.