2007 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2007 Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Sort Reviews by

Poor MPG.
By D.Eitel

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is terrible, I get eleven MPG in town. The high back seat makes it near impossible to look out the back window to back up. Power seems to be sufficient and electronic traction control is great. With this gas mileage I would not recommend buying one.

Favorite Features

Four doors, traction control, handling and style.

Suggested Improvements

V-6 and better grade interior.

1st Truck
By sask

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the truck to haul a lightweight trailer in the summer and get around town in the cold winter months So far no problems truck hauls well, drove to Texas last winter with 50 below weather with no problem Gas mileage better than the van we had before - cruising at 110Km we get 32 miles to the gallon Installed a cap on the back to keep items dry

Favorite Features

Option to switch to 4 wheel drive on the fly

Suggested Improvements

Blue tooth option. Option to buy custom seat covers - odd design in front hard to find

My Chevy
By chic

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

All in all ownership has been all that I expected and more. Gas mileage is better than I expected. Power is good for a 4 cylinder

Favorite Features

Fun to drive & great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better seating

Gas hog
By Dave

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

The back seat head rests are so big you cannot see out the back window. I have to keep the back seat folded down to have better visability. My in town mileage is 13 to 14 miles per gallon with the straight 5 cylinder engine. This really upsets me.

Favorite Features

The Colorado is fun to drive and feels solid on the road. I have the electronic traction control and had no trouble getting around in the snow.

Happy
By DOT FREY

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my Colorado except the service department's bloopers. They created more problems than the truck would normally of had. It has needed work but I would not trade it for any other. I get an average of 26.9 to 28.6 mpg. I guess it depends on how you drive. I do a lot of hauling with it and have pulled my 10' trailer with no problems. Going up hills, it has more power than expected and here is West Virginia that is inportant for all we have are hills. I would recomend the Colorado to anyone as a small economy truck. the tires stink and were dry rotted so be careful but they gave me new ones after 15,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Lots of room inside and height is perfect, no ladder needed to get in and do not have to crawl down into.

Suggested Improvements

That stupid driver's seat, the one in there is a joke. The seat extends to where there should be a console and cannot find any seat covers for it because of the stupid design.

Good Truck
By bob

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've done 13500 miles in this truck since new without any problems. It runs really free and has high gearing. The ride is smooth and handling and brakes are great. I can get 26 mpg if I drive easy. I'd recommend it!

Favorite Features

Handling, brakes, and fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Reclining seats

Security Advisor
By george

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle to replace one of our Security fleet Chevy Cavaliers. Vehicle has excellent acceleration, comfort for driving and setting in. Fuel mileage is near 30 MPG in city & hwy driving combo. Have used to pull a loaded 8' trailer & didn't notice any changes except fuel mileage dropped to 24 MPG.on the hwy. As a security vehicle we have engaged in high speed chases with many different vehicles. The Colorado hasn't been out-run yet or out-performed.

Favorite Features

Low maintence cost. Excellent acceleration, seat comfort, attractive design. Nice head room

Suggested Improvements

More speakers for the radio. Get rid of the low tire warning system. Seperate on/off switch for interior lights.

So far so good
By Joe

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I started driving this truck in 2/08, it is my company vehicle. It has as much leg room as my 07 Tundra Double Cab and rides just as good. It did way better in WI winter conditions than I expected. I regularly get 25 mpg on the highway with an aluminum cap and 300 - 500 lbs of tools and stuff in the back. It doesn't have many options, but it hasn't had a single mechanical flaw. I put 100 - 220 miles on it daily and I find the seat in my cheapee model comfortable. Seems to be a little more cabin noise than I would like, but it is so much more comfortable and roomy than S-10's. This is a standard cab with the 4 banger. People flash their brights at me a lot at night when mine aren't on

Favorite Features

Cruise, a/c, lots of leg room!

Suggested Improvements

Can't say, I didn't pick it out so I don't know what other features would make it better, I would like a CD or MP3 player in it, Bluetooth would be great. Has good power for a 4 cyl

Reduced Engine Power
By Heirborne

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought truck new. Has been fine other than the lousy fuel economy. 260 miles or less per tank of fuel on the highway, so I am not sure how you others are getting such "good" mileage. Have had the Reduced Power / Check Engine warning light come on 3 times in the last month. First time they said it was a bad battery cell, the second time they asked me if it had been jumped off, to which I answered no! Now I wonder what they will blame it on. It is under warranty thank God and either it will be fixed or else. I am not happy right now and would not recommend the truck to any buyer. I had a 98 Ford Ranger that never gave me a problem. And Chevy is wondering why they are hurting? Duh!

Favorite Features

Cabin space

Suggested Improvements

MP3 player connectivity in radio (mini-plug), better tires (General is crap!) get the bugs out of the engine and address fuel economy before selling.

2007 Z71 Crew Cab w/ 3.73 gears & tow pk
By Derek

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2007 Colorado Crew Cab Z-71, 4x4. I get about 18 mpg on a tank, with the 5 cyl and Automatic trans (75 - 80mph on highway). Keep in mind I have the trailer towing package and 3.73 gears which are deep. I have the limited slip rear end, so I have a "true" 4x4. I don't think 18 mpg is too bad for a truck like this. One tank I got 20+ mpg. It's solid, well build, far and away better than the S10 (which I also owned). Unlike the S10; my Colorado is comfortable enough to use for those 1,000+ mile trips. I just wish Chevrolet was bright enough to offer the diesel engine, which is available in the Isuzu 370...only in Japan; but, it is the same truck as the Colorado and Canyon.

Favorite Features

While it is loaded with every option, including power sunroof, I wouldn't say it has any features that you can't get on another car, or truck. So to say "favorite" features...I like power options. Hey, I traded a 2002 Cadillac DeVille in on my Colorado, so I might be a little spoiled on features.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the fact everything is going to short beds, I wish Chevrolet offered a longer bed on the crew cab. Does anyone still use a truck to haul things? Or buy slide-in truck campers? Soon the beds on most trucks will only be good to haul a sandwich home from Subway.