2007 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: 07 Colorado Z71 (Automatic)- T

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

07 Colorado Z71 (Automatic)- The Beast
By 6t7gtoman on

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

The Beast is what my son calls his truck after dealing with a 20" snow while at college in Fayetteville, AR. He was one of only a few people that could get around and spent alot of time playing in the snow. He has had it about a year. Purchased with 25K miles. He has added about 14K. Been to the rockies for wilderness camping and goes to and from college. Only problem was the sliding rear window that was replaced under the GM Certified Warranty. Vehicle is an LT3 with leather, etc. He loves the look, way it drives, and the overall identity. The only downside is the stereo - but a replacement went in in a flash that added MP3 plug, bluetooth' etc.

The way it drives, handles, and the aggressive look. It is more comfortable than his 98 Acura was.

I read people say the power is not as good as the imports. It is just fine. He and I both drove the import competitors, Fords, and Dodges. We both like the way this vehicle handles, drives, and rides better. Suggest GM either improve the radio or just deliver without one so we can install a good unit. PS, I feel the same way about the radio in my top of the line Tahoe LTZ. Speakers are fine, but the sound and power are marginal at best.