Used 2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.
Update is now April 2016 and the truck is at 180,000 miles. Has a faulty master cylinder or vacuum booster not sure which but has no break pedal. Goes to the floor. From what I've read brakes issues are common on these trucks. I also failed to mention that I've had problems with the pass lock system since 50,000 miles and dealer offers no sure fix. They'll change ignition but can't assure that will fix the issue. Should be a recall because it is also an issue with this truck and many owners. The ignition misidentifies your key and pass lock disables the fuel pump so you can't start the vehicle for sometimes up to ninety minutes before it resets itself. Has caused me to be late to numerous events and work and also has caused headache when it happens and people are in line behind me at gas stations. Over all I still haven't spent a cent on anything but brake related issues. The truck is not very comfortable riding and has the turn ratio of a cargo barge. I've towed a yard cart of concrete with it on a u haul hitch and it did well. Still has power. Also has a ac issue. Works only in setting 3-4 and this should also be a recall because it's a faulty Russian supplied part. The local radiator shop fixed it with a paper clip and it's been fine on and off since. Every prob I have all the Colorado's seem to have. Hopefully this newer version has improved on these issues. Chevy has a good truck here if they'd just give it some features. Comfort being first. Also some bluetooth and navigation and usb ports would be great.

Good Truck
By bob

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've done 13500 miles in this truck since new without any problems. It runs really free and has high gearing. The ride is smooth and handling and brakes are great. I can get 26 mpg if I drive easy. I'd recommend it!

Handling, brakes, and fuel economy

Reclining seats

9 months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I now have owned the truck for 9 months and have almost 11,000 miles on it. I am still very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck. I'm still getting 19-20 mpg in everyday driving (even when running the a/c), with 26-27 mpg on trips (at 70-75 mph, no less). The only repairs it has needed in 11,000 miles are a new driver's seat cushion (to fix loose upholstery) and a new HVAC control head (to fix a temperature knob that wouldn't go all the way). Other than those two minor things, it's been completely reliable. I'm a very satisfied owner, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the truck based on my own experience.

Good gas mileage. Very reliable. Big enough to be useful but small enough to be affordable. CD player plays MP3 CD's.

Still wish cruise control switches were on the steering wheel. Turning circle is huge! Doors sometimes have to be shut more than once to close properly. More power would make trailer towing easier, but I don't need it if it comes at the expense of gas mileage.

3 Months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months, I am very happy with my new Colorado. I purchased the ext cab model with 4 cyl engine, RWD, and auto trans. I use it for commuting (mix of country and city roads) and for light hauling. Most of the time, I am alone in the truck. For the way I use the truck, it works very well. It's economical (19-20 mpg). It has enough room to carry my stuff, and my family can ride along when they need to. The truck is comfortable and very well equipped for what I paid ($16K). The only problem I've had is a loose spot in the upholstery, which was fixed under warranty. It may not be exciting or refined. But, if you're looking for an economical, reliable everyday truck, this is a good one.

Good gas mileage. Good features for the price. Big enough to be comfortable but small enough to be manageable. Decent build quality. CD player plays MP3 CD's.

Could be quieter inside. Should have aux-in jack on stereo. Cruise control switches should be on steering wheel, not turn signal stalk. Interior lights have to be on in order for bed light to work; bed light should work independently.

colorado "NORMAL"
By polebender1

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

well this is about mom and dad age 74- 76,mom had a few little problems like acid rain drops that wouldn`t come off- and she on one of her times in there (to shop) said something about the 5 speed not wanting to go into reverse...the reply was 2 peaces of paper that said--(A customer can expect a blocked reverse shift 10 in 50 attempts(1 in 5).Engineering has determined that this condition is a inherit characteristic(06-07) and should be considered NORMAL they give a procedure for getting it into reverse.1)shift into 1st gear 2)move vehicle forward 3)stop and shift to reverse.so that means you need to go into traffic to get it to reverse WRONG well i drive a stick and it (colorado) doesn`t work

mom likes the look and the ride

different transmission MA5 (manual) is on 06-07 colorado,canyon,06-07 hummer H3,06-07 pontiac solstice,07 saturn sky it says equipped with-- Aisin 5 speed manual transmission RPO MA5