2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
'07 Chevy Colorado, ext. cab, automatic NOT standard
By hunkahunka on 05/26/13 19:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since May of 2010 when it had 23k miles. So far my only problems have been: a leaky (rain water) center cab brake light which had a defective seal and had to have all the carpet changed; the blower fan on the a/c got to where it only blew on high and would not work on other speeds; and a new battery. Other minor things: brakes squeak severely each morning that the relative humidity is over 70% which is about every morning in the New Orleans area, the fuse for the driving lights burns out fairly regularly, and the cab light won't come on when you open any door. Windows whistle when driving into a strong wind. Sometimes the cruise control is difficult to engage.

Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2 on 04/10/13 01:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.

07 Colorado Z71 (Automatic)- The Beast
By 6t7gtoman on 05/25/11 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

The Beast is what my son calls his truck after dealing with a 20" snow while at college in Fayetteville, AR. He was one of only a few people that could get around and spent alot of time playing in the snow. He has had it about a year. Purchased with 25K miles. He has added about 14K. Been to the rockies for wilderness camping and goes to and from college. Only problem was the sliding rear window that was replaced under the GM Certified Warranty. Vehicle is an LT3 with leather, etc. He loves the look, way it drives, and the overall identity. The only downside is the stereo - but a replacement went in in a flash that added MP3 plug, bluetooth' etc.

Great so far!
By Porkchop on 07/12/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck (my First) for a few months now and love it. It was used with a little over 9000 miles on it. Very easy to get in and out of. Have the 4 cylinder model which has plenty of power for me and is good on gas. Everyone who has been in this truck comments on how smooth the ride is. There right... takes bumps and bad roads very well! Just one heck of a smooth ride.. i still am amazed to this day how nice it is. The interior is not as nice as it could be but is not that bad either. in all i am pleased with this purchase.

1st Truck
By sask on 12/24/08 13:40 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the truck to haul a lightweight trailer in the summer and get around town in the cold winter months So far no problems truck hauls well, drove to Texas last winter with 50 below weather with no problem Gas mileage better than the van we had before - cruising at 110Km we get 32 miles to the gallon Installed a cap on the back to keep items dry

My Chevy
By chic on 09/11/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

All in all ownership has been all that I expected and more. Gas mileage is better than I expected. Power is good for a 4 cylinder

Good Truck
By bob on 07/28/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've done 13500 miles in this truck since new without any problems. It runs really free and has high gearing. The ride is smooth and handling and brakes are great. I can get 26 mpg if I drive easy. I'd recommend it!

9 months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale on 06/10/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I now have owned the truck for 9 months and have almost 11,000 miles on it. I am still very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck. I'm still getting 19-20 mpg in everyday driving (even when running the a/c), with 26-27 mpg on trips (at 70-75 mph, no less). The only repairs it has needed in 11,000 miles are a new driver's seat cushion (to fix loose upholstery) and a new HVAC control head (to fix a temperature knob that wouldn't go all the way). Other than those two minor things, it's been completely reliable. I'm a very satisfied owner, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the truck based on my own experience.

Capable truck
By SRW on 05/07/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 2001 GMC Highrider or ZR2 with the purchase of this Z71 4X4. Big difference in build quality between the two with the older model far exceeding the new models parts. No skid plates on new truck, rear drum brakes opposed to disc on the old model however this does get good milage and is a good everyday truck. I have taken a couple 200 mile trips and vehicle is very comfortable and capable. Time will tell how reliable this model is, old ZR2 is bullet proof and is still in the family, son drives it and is going strong with no problems at 110K miles.

3 Months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale on 12/24/07 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months, I am very happy with my new Colorado. I purchased the ext cab model with 4 cyl engine, RWD, and auto trans. I use it for commuting (mix of country and city roads) and for light hauling. Most of the time, I am alone in the truck. For the way I use the truck, it works very well. It's economical (19-20 mpg). It has enough room to carry my stuff, and my family can ride along when they need to. The truck is comfortable and very well equipped for what I paid ($16K). The only problem I've had is a loose spot in the upholstery, which was fixed under warranty. It may not be exciting or refined. But, if you're looking for an economical, reliable everyday truck, this is a good one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.