2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Brake lights door locks and alarms
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado my alarm was going off for no reason this truchk only has 11587 miles I drive it very little It cost 161.00 for the sencer ti be replaced Now the Abs light comces on the drivers window is messed up.Maybe it is time I llok for another company I have only bought chhevys my whole life but now who knows

WOW! This truck is nice!
By Boreal on 02/20/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of 4x4's up here in Alaska and I have never had one as dependable on bad roads as this truck. I have the Crew Cab Z71 model. The combination of the engine, transmission and 4x4 give me traction on any winter conditions, that I have never seen in my past 4x4's. I tow a 12 foot enclosed cargo trailer with my ATV for hunting and fishing and I have no hesitation going up steep grades, and the handling for backing up is super! On top of it all, I get great gas mileage.

Taken a beating. , ,
By Pleased no doubt on 02/05/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Well I bought my truck with 7 miles on it. I now have 43,000. I have made many 6 hour drives from southern Ca to southern Utah and vice versa. Good power going up Cajon Pass. I have played in the mud with it, done donuts, figure 8s and drove like an idiot and it has handled well. Gas mileage is good, dependent upon the driver. I have used my truck for moving furniture, carrying wood etc and it has hauled it well. Best thing is, it still looks like new minus a couple slight scratches from driving through the Utah brush. Preventive maintenance is the Key!!! Stock stereo is the only downside, but keyword, stock. It has been a worthwhile vehicle in my opinion. Thanks for listening.

Love This Car!
By Awsomeness!!! on 09/15/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

My First car I ever bought. This car did alot of 5 hr trips to Mammoth Mountain. Also it was my commuter car... Easily hit speeds I shouldn't have been driving and very roomy. Love the fact that I could fit 6 people in there and did it often. I am still beating myself up for trading this car in for a Jetta... Ugh, the jetta blows compared to this truck!

Poor MPG.
By D.Eitel on 02/18/09 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is terrible, I get eleven MPG in town. The high back seat makes it near impossible to look out the back window to back up. Power seems to be sufficient and electronic traction control is great. With this gas mileage I would not recommend buying one.

Gas hog
By Dave on 08/14/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

The back seat head rests are so big you cannot see out the back window. I have to keep the back seat folded down to have better visability. My in town mileage is 13 to 14 miles per gallon with the straight 5 cylinder engine. This really upsets me.

Reduced Engine Power
By Heirborne on 07/04/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Bought truck new. Has been fine other than the lousy fuel economy. 260 miles or less per tank of fuel on the highway, so I am not sure how you others are getting such "good" mileage. Have had the Reduced Power / Check Engine warning light come on 3 times in the last month. First time they said it was a bad battery cell, the second time they asked me if it had been jumped off, to which I answered no! Now I wonder what they will blame it on. It is under warranty thank God and either it will be fixed or else. I am not happy right now and would not recommend the truck to any buyer. I had a 98 Ford Ranger that never gave me a problem. And Chevy is wondering why they are hurting? Duh!

2007 Z71 Crew Cab w/ 3.73 gears & tow pk
By Derek on 07/04/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2007 Colorado Crew Cab Z-71, 4x4. I get about 18 mpg on a tank, with the 5 cyl and Automatic trans (75 - 80mph on highway). Keep in mind I have the trailer towing package and 3.73 gears which are deep. I have the limited slip rear end, so I have a "true" 4x4. I don't think 18 mpg is too bad for a truck like this. One tank I got 20+ mpg. It's solid, well build, far and away better than the S10 (which I also owned). Unlike the S10; my Colorado is comfortable enough to use for those 1,000+ mile trips. I just wish Chevrolet was bright enough to offer the diesel engine, which is available in the Isuzu 370...only in Japan; but, it is the same truck as the Colorado and Canyon.

Smooth ride
By bill on 04/13/08 05:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the truck used with 16K miles. Love the way it rides. Power is okay (has 4 banger). Brakes are noisy when cold and pulsate when hot. Fuel mileage is 23.9 hwy and 19 city. Punched it the other day, accelerator stuck wide open. Hope its not a sign of things to come.

Nice Truck
By apm on 12/09/07 17:55 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Really like the truck. The looks of the truck (z71) is awesome. The 4 door has plenty of room inside and I like the interior. As for power, I think the truck gets along just fine. Why people think a truck needs to be faster than an old muscle car I'll never figure out. The ride is good for a small truck. If you hot rod it, it will suck gas. Drive it normal and it does real well. We average 22-28 mpg mixed driving. No long trips yet. The traction control is annoying. When turning into traffic from a stop on wet roads it will make the truck bog then take off. Could be dangerous. Turn it off and it does just fine. Would rather not have it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.