2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2 on 04/10/13 01:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.

Good Truck
By bob on 07/28/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've done 13500 miles in this truck since new without any problems. It runs really free and has high gearing. The ride is smooth and handling and brakes are great. I can get 26 mpg if I drive easy. I'd recommend it!

9 months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale on 06/10/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I now have owned the truck for 9 months and have almost 11,000 miles on it. I am still very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck. I'm still getting 19-20 mpg in everyday driving (even when running the a/c), with 26-27 mpg on trips (at 70-75 mph, no less). The only repairs it has needed in 11,000 miles are a new driver's seat cushion (to fix loose upholstery) and a new HVAC control head (to fix a temperature knob that wouldn't go all the way). Other than those two minor things, it's been completely reliable. I'm a very satisfied owner, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the truck based on my own experience.

3 Months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale on 12/24/07 12:50 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months, I am very happy with my new Colorado. I purchased the ext cab model with 4 cyl engine, RWD, and auto trans. I use it for commuting (mix of country and city roads) and for light hauling. Most of the time, I am alone in the truck. For the way I use the truck, it works very well. It's economical (19-20 mpg). It has enough room to carry my stuff, and my family can ride along when they need to. The truck is comfortable and very well equipped for what I paid ($16K). The only problem I've had is a loose spot in the upholstery, which was fixed under warranty. It may not be exciting or refined. But, if you're looking for an economical, reliable everyday truck, this is a good one.

colorado "NORMAL"
By polebender1 on 09/16/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

well this is about mom and dad age 74- 76,mom had a few little problems like acid rain drops that wouldn`t come off- and she on one of her times in there (to shop) said something about the 5 speed not wanting to go into reverse...the reply was 2 peaces of paper that said--(A customer can expect a blocked reverse shift 10 in 50 attempts(1 in 5).Engineering has determined that this condition is a inherit characteristic(06-07) and should be considered NORMAL they give a procedure for getting it into reverse.1)shift into 1st gear 2)move vehicle forward 3)stop and shift to reverse.so that means you need to go into traffic to get it to reverse WRONG well i drive a stick and it (colorado) doesn`t work

Good little truck
By martymcfly on 09/15/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I really think GM could have kept the 2.2 instead of experimenting with more engines. The 2.2 was great on fuel and performance. Yeah I know you say this new engine has more power but correct me if I'm wrong, don't but a small truck to haul with buy a half ton or more. Yeah i know I drive semis. I really enjoy the truck all the time though fun little deal

Updated review
By Willard48 on 03/18/07 22:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Now that I haved driven this truck for 6 months, I wanted to update my initial review of 9/24/06. Most of the rough idle and cranking problems were solved with a software update to the onboard computer module. Soon after, I had to take it back for a defective ignition switch. (Engine would die suddenly while you were driving along!) Since that first month, I have had no problems whatsoever with the vehicle. I will say that this is the first vehicle that I have ever gotten so many questionnaires about.(5 so far,I think.) Most included a new one dollar bill. Evidently a lot of people are interested in all aspects of this truck.Overall,I like this truck a lot better now than I did before.

Colorado 2.9L
By junior08 on 12/17/06 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my '07 Colorado ext. cab 2wd, LT1, 2.9L auto, for two months, so far, so good. I like the interior, dash, controls, and the perferred power accessory option.The 60-40 split front bench is comfortable, but should have a better grade of cloth covering (it's suppose to be the deluxe seat?). The 2.9L I4 has pretty good response and torque; mpg is "okay". The auto trans is very good, smooth (but firm) shifts. The build quality, and style is quite good. Overall, a solid American small truck that should service my needs well for a long time.

New 2.9 engine, new problems.
By Willard48 on 09/24/06 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2004 Toyota Tacoma for this 2007 Colorado because I wanted to go back to Chevy trucks. Two days after I got it, the engine, when cold, cranks and dies, then idles extremely rough until it warms up. Dealership service tells me they never heard of a Colorado doing that before. Translation: "We probably can't fix that" The truck is fine bodywise and interiorwise, but in my humble opinion you might want to wait until they get all the bugs out of this new 4 cylinder powerplant.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.