Used 2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.

My favorite features would be the power. I've had other four cylinders that won't climb a driveway let alone a grade such as the one headed to Vegas from Cali. This truck rolls right up any hill with ac on high and cruise control set at 70 mph. I like the overall look of the truck inside and out but I'd say looking at it facing the front of it on the outside is my favorite. The way the lights and grille and everything are it looks like it's actually smiling at me. Now I'm moving to what needs improvement...please read on.

Ok this is where things go bad. First of all when I was trying to buy this truck the dealer had two to choose from and this was the case all over California and believe me I looked. Very little color selection and very basic features. The truck rides like a tank and the seats are as hard as sitting on a curb. You go for long drives and get out feeling like you just took a but kicking. It has the turn ratio of the titanic so plan on mostly 3 point turn around's. Then it has a security system called pass lock that lets you actually start the truck sometimes. Chevy puts all effort into the Silverado. If they'd just put a Silverado interior and suspension it'd be a class A truck. No pass lock.

Good Truck
By bob

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I've done 13500 miles in this truck since new without any problems. It runs really free and has high gearing. The ride is smooth and handling and brakes are great. I can get 26 mpg if I drive easy. I'd recommend it!

Handling, brakes, and fuel economy

Reclining seats

9 months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I now have owned the truck for 9 months and have almost 11,000 miles on it. I am still very pleased with this economical, reliable everyday truck. I'm still getting 19-20 mpg in everyday driving (even when running the a/c), with 26-27 mpg on trips (at 70-75 mph, no less). The only repairs it has needed in 11,000 miles are a new driver's seat cushion (to fix loose upholstery) and a new HVAC control head (to fix a temperature knob that wouldn't go all the way). Other than those two minor things, it's been completely reliable. I'm a very satisfied owner, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the truck based on my own experience.

Good gas mileage. Very reliable. Big enough to be useful but small enough to be affordable. CD player plays MP3 CD's.

Still wish cruise control switches were on the steering wheel. Turning circle is huge! Doors sometimes have to be shut more than once to close properly. More power would make trailer towing easier, but I don't need it if it comes at the expense of gas mileage.

3 Months in Colorado in North Carolina
By Dale

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 months, I am very happy with my new Colorado. I purchased the ext cab model with 4 cyl engine, RWD, and auto trans. I use it for commuting (mix of country and city roads) and for light hauling. Most of the time, I am alone in the truck. For the way I use the truck, it works very well. It's economical (19-20 mpg). It has enough room to carry my stuff, and my family can ride along when they need to. The truck is comfortable and very well equipped for what I paid ($16K). The only problem I've had is a loose spot in the upholstery, which was fixed under warranty. It may not be exciting or refined. But, if you're looking for an economical, reliable everyday truck, this is a good one.

Good gas mileage. Good features for the price. Big enough to be comfortable but small enough to be manageable. Decent build quality. CD player plays MP3 CD's.

Could be quieter inside. Should have aux-in jack on stereo. Cruise control switches should be on steering wheel, not turn signal stalk. Interior lights have to be on in order for bed light to work; bed light should work independently.

colorado "NORMAL"
By polebender1

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

well this is about mom and dad age 74- 76,mom had a few little problems like acid rain drops that wouldn`t come off- and she on one of her times in there (to shop) said something about the 5 speed not wanting to go into reverse...the reply was 2 peaces of paper that said--(A customer can expect a blocked reverse shift 10 in 50 attempts(1 in 5).Engineering has determined that this condition is a inherit characteristic(06-07) and should be considered NORMAL they give a procedure for getting it into reverse.1)shift into 1st gear 2)move vehicle forward 3)stop and shift to reverse.so that means you need to go into traffic to get it to reverse WRONG well i drive a stick and it (colorado) doesn`t work

mom likes the look and the ride

different transmission MA5 (manual) is on 06-07 colorado,canyon,06-07 hummer H3,06-07 pontiac solstice,07 saturn sky it says equipped with-- Aisin 5 speed manual transmission RPO MA5