Used 2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Happy
By DOT FREY

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my Colorado except the service department's bloopers. They created more problems than the truck would normally of had. It has needed work but I would not trade it for any other. I get an average of 26.9 to 28.6 mpg. I guess it depends on how you drive. I do a lot of hauling with it and have pulled my 10' trailer with no problems. Going up hills, it has more power than expected and here is West Virginia that is inportant for all we have are hills. I would recomend the Colorado to anyone as a small economy truck. the tires stink and were dry rotted so be careful but they gave me new ones after 15,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Lots of room inside and height is perfect, no ladder needed to get in and do not have to crawl down into.

Suggested Improvements

That stupid driver's seat, the one in there is a joke. The seat extends to where there should be a console and cannot find any seat covers for it because of the stupid design.

So far so good
By Joe

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I started driving this truck in 2/08, it is my company vehicle. It has as much leg room as my 07 Tundra Double Cab and rides just as good. It did way better in WI winter conditions than I expected. I regularly get 25 mpg on the highway with an aluminum cap and 300 - 500 lbs of tools and stuff in the back. It doesn't have many options, but it hasn't had a single mechanical flaw. I put 100 - 220 miles on it daily and I find the seat in my cheapee model comfortable. Seems to be a little more cabin noise than I would like, but it is so much more comfortable and roomy than S-10's. This is a standard cab with the 4 banger. People flash their brights at me a lot at night when mine aren't on

Favorite Features

Cruise, a/c, lots of leg room!

Suggested Improvements

Can't say, I didn't pick it out so I don't know what other features would make it better, I would like a CD or MP3 player in it, Bluetooth would be great. Has good power for a 4 cyl

Fun, Pretty, But In The Shop Alot
By Mamabug

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I adore this truck. It's my first, I've wanted one for years. It's comfortable, I love the look, the mileage is good. Just didn't expect to have it in the shop 6 times in the year I've had it. Starting issues, noisy brakes, injector issues, and computer software issues with no fix. Thank God for my warranty. Gets a little sluggish on towing, but I only own the base model. So it didn't surprise me to have to baby the brakes when I have a 950 lb load in the bed. It's rates to tow approx 4k lbs, but I wouldn't pull more than 1k with what I've got.

Favorite Features

The looks, the interior, stands up well to high mileage and heavy abuse.

Suggested Improvements

Get the bugs out of a design before you sell it. Make sure the computer software works properly.

It is a truck
By Mongo

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this model for one year. There have not been any problems thus far and to myself it is an improvement over the S-10.There are gas issues...to wit: using 87 octane will cause the engine to be stubborn or bucking as such. Using 89 octane takes care of that. But the tires are something else. The are Generals made in Mexico and they are absolute junk! I would think that Chevy Division would do something about this. No use in going the warranty route since the replacements will be of the same junk. Three of the four tires have bumps on them. Lastly, the hand-brake release needs to be better engineered since at times I have to pull, pull, and pull on the brake release handle.

Favorite Features

The headlights are quite good, the layout of the instruments are great, and the shifter is where it should be.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the tires with better quality ones! A bit more firmness in the seats, especially in the back, buckets would be nice with a storage box in the middle behind the shifter. And, have the parking/hand brake control in the middle where is should be as well.

Still Checking this thing out
By bagery77

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Truck looks excellent. Acceleration is great. Been having fuel efficiency problems for the last two weeks since I took the truck in for recall of computer. Computer had to be reprogrammed because the truck would not idle upon cold start. Truck is brand new 4 cylinder automatic, but is guzzling gas like a full sized pickup. I got better gas mileage on my old V6 4x4 SUV. Dealerships are trying to make me wait thousands more miles (break-in?) before they remedy the problem. Ride is fun but bouncy. Cheap interior but still nice looking. Base seating has absolutely no adjustment worth a darn. I like the truck, I just want better gas mileage. I'm averaging 250-270 miles on a 19.6 gallon tank.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks. Sport trim is nice. Very roomy for regular cab. Fast.

Suggested Improvements

More seat adjustment. More interior value and toys. Less ride bounce. Better gas mileage!