2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Happy
By DOT FREY on 08/13/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with my Colorado except the service department's bloopers. They created more problems than the truck would normally of had. It has needed work but I would not trade it for any other. I get an average of 26.9 to 28.6 mpg. I guess it depends on how you drive. I do a lot of hauling with it and have pulled my 10' trailer with no problems. Going up hills, it has more power than expected and here is West Virginia that is inportant for all we have are hills. I would recomend the Colorado to anyone as a small economy truck. the tires stink and were dry rotted so be careful but they gave me new ones after 15,000 miles.

So far so good
By Joe on 07/14/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I started driving this truck in 2/08, it is my company vehicle. It has as much leg room as my 07 Tundra Double Cab and rides just as good. It did way better in WI winter conditions than I expected. I regularly get 25 mpg on the highway with an aluminum cap and 300 - 500 lbs of tools and stuff in the back. It doesn't have many options, but it hasn't had a single mechanical flaw. I put 100 - 220 miles on it daily and I find the seat in my cheapee model comfortable. Seems to be a little more cabin noise than I would like, but it is so much more comfortable and roomy than S-10's. This is a standard cab with the 4 banger. People flash their brights at me a lot at night when mine aren't on

Fun, Pretty, But In The Shop Alot
By Mamabug on 01/04/08 15:24 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I adore this truck. It's my first, I've wanted one for years. It's comfortable, I love the look, the mileage is good. Just didn't expect to have it in the shop 6 times in the year I've had it. Starting issues, noisy brakes, injector issues, and computer software issues with no fix. Thank God for my warranty. Gets a little sluggish on towing, but I only own the base model. So it didn't surprise me to have to baby the brakes when I have a 950 lb load in the bed. It's rates to tow approx 4k lbs, but I wouldn't pull more than 1k with what I've got.

It is a truck
By Mongo on 10/14/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this model for one year. There have not been any problems thus far and to myself it is an improvement over the S-10.There are gas issues...to wit: using 87 octane will cause the engine to be stubborn or bucking as such. Using 89 octane takes care of that. But the tires are something else. The are Generals made in Mexico and they are absolute junk! I would think that Chevy Division would do something about this. No use in going the warranty route since the replacements will be of the same junk. Three of the four tires have bumps on them. Lastly, the hand-brake release needs to be better engineered since at times I have to pull, pull, and pull on the brake release handle.

Still Checking this thing out
By bagery77 on 04/08/07 11:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Truck looks excellent. Acceleration is great. Been having fuel efficiency problems for the last two weeks since I took the truck in for recall of computer. Computer had to be reprogrammed because the truck would not idle upon cold start. Truck is brand new 4 cylinder automatic, but is guzzling gas like a full sized pickup. I got better gas mileage on my old V6 4x4 SUV. Dealerships are trying to make me wait thousands more miles (break-in?) before they remedy the problem. Ride is fun but bouncy. Cheap interior but still nice looking. Base seating has absolutely no adjustment worth a darn. I like the truck, I just want better gas mileage. I'm averaging 250-270 miles on a 19.6 gallon tank.

My Colorado
By mongo on 10/29/06 16:46 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I am experienced with the S-10 and this model is better than the older model. The frame is stronger, the handling, braking, and steering are better, and since buying it in Sep '06 I've had no problems. I will admit that the interior plastic could be firmer but I am sure the factory has reasons for the flexible plastic now used.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.