2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
'07 Chevy Colorado, ext. cab, automatic NOT standard
By hunkahunka on 05/26/13 19:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since May of 2010 when it had 23k miles. So far my only problems have been: a leaky (rain water) center cab brake light which had a defective seal and had to have all the carpet changed; the blower fan on the a/c got to where it only blew on high and would not work on other speeds; and a new battery. Other minor things: brakes squeak severely each morning that the relative humidity is over 70% which is about every morning in the New Orleans area, the fuse for the driving lights burns out fairly regularly, and the cab light won't come on when you open any door. Windows whistle when driving into a strong wind. Sometimes the cruise control is difficult to engage.

Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2 on 04/10/13 01:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.

07 Colorado Z71 (Automatic)- The Beast
By 6t7gtoman on 05/25/11 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

The Beast is what my son calls his truck after dealing with a 20" snow while at college in Fayetteville, AR. He was one of only a few people that could get around and spent alot of time playing in the snow. He has had it about a year. Purchased with 25K miles. He has added about 14K. Been to the rockies for wilderness camping and goes to and from college. Only problem was the sliding rear window that was replaced under the GM Certified Warranty. Vehicle is an LT3 with leather, etc. He loves the look, way it drives, and the overall identity. The only downside is the stereo - but a replacement went in in a flash that added MP3 plug, bluetooth' etc.

Brake lights door locks and alarms
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado my alarm was going off for no reason this truchk only has 11587 miles I drive it very little It cost 161.00 for the sencer ti be replaced Now the Abs light comces on the drivers window is messed up.Maybe it is time I llok for another company I have only bought chhevys my whole life but now who knows

WOW! This truck is nice!
By Boreal on 02/20/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of 4x4's up here in Alaska and I have never had one as dependable on bad roads as this truck. I have the Crew Cab Z71 model. The combination of the engine, transmission and 4x4 give me traction on any winter conditions, that I have never seen in my past 4x4's. I tow a 12 foot enclosed cargo trailer with my ATV for hunting and fishing and I have no hesitation going up steep grades, and the handling for backing up is super! On top of it all, I get great gas mileage.

Taken a beating. , ,
By Pleased no doubt on 02/05/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Well I bought my truck with 7 miles on it. I now have 43,000. I have made many 6 hour drives from southern Ca to southern Utah and vice versa. Good power going up Cajon Pass. I have played in the mud with it, done donuts, figure 8s and drove like an idiot and it has handled well. Gas mileage is good, dependent upon the driver. I have used my truck for moving furniture, carrying wood etc and it has hauled it well. Best thing is, it still looks like new minus a couple slight scratches from driving through the Utah brush. Preventive maintenance is the Key!!! Stock stereo is the only downside, but keyword, stock. It has been a worthwhile vehicle in my opinion. Thanks for listening.

great truck
By rjd on 01/19/10 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a volunteer firefighter in the northeast so I have stretched this truck to it's limits. Special ordered Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires and got nearly 70K without the need of an alignment. Good gas mileage on the highway and the four wheel drive is a necessity during the winter. I've had big truck owners get in and be surprised at the room and the ride. My truck is the base model with vinyl flooring, easy to wash out with a hose. I'll get another one for sure. My girlfriend got a 2006,LT full cab with the five cylinder and has had lots of front end issues. (Extra weight of the cab, engine and trim must effect the suspension)

Love This Car!
By Awsomeness!!! on 09/15/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

My First car I ever bought. This car did alot of 5 hr trips to Mammoth Mountain. Also it was my commuter car... Easily hit speeds I shouldn't have been driving and very roomy. Love the fact that I could fit 6 people in there and did it often. I am still beating myself up for trading this car in for a Jetta... Ugh, the jetta blows compared to this truck!

Great so far!
By Porkchop on 07/12/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck (my First) for a few months now and love it. It was used with a little over 9000 miles on it. Very easy to get in and out of. Have the 4 cylinder model which has plenty of power for me and is good on gas. Everyone who has been in this truck comments on how smooth the ride is. There right... takes bumps and bad roads very well! Just one heck of a smooth ride.. i still am amazed to this day how nice it is. The interior is not as nice as it could be but is not that bad either. in all i am pleased with this purchase.

Good Truck
By Rohn on 07/06/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this regular cab truck. after reading the edmunds review my resonse is this is a truck not a muscle or luxury car. I average 21 - 23 city. 25 - 27 highway with the I4. it has plenty of power. I had the bed fully loaded taking my son's stuff to Iowa from Michigan. I got 24 on the way there and 27 on the way back (empty). I have had no major issues with the truck. It is comfortable to drive and I am a big person. Plenty of leg room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.