Used 2007 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

'07 Chevy Colorado, ext. cab, automatic NOT standard
By hunkahunka

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since May of 2010 when it had 23k miles. So far my only problems have been: a leaky (rain water) center cab brake light which had a defective seal and had to have all the carpet changed; the blower fan on the a/c got to where it only blew on high and would not work on other speeds; and a new battery. Other minor things: brakes squeak severely each morning that the relative humidity is over 70% which is about every morning in the New Orleans area, the fuse for the driving lights burns out fairly regularly, and the cab light won't come on when you open any door. Windows whistle when driving into a strong wind. Sometimes the cruise control is difficult to engage.

Good fuel mileage on the highway, not great around town but ok. Everything is fairly easy to get to/accessible. Most parts are reasonably priced. I get good comments about the rolling message center on the am/fm radio that tells the name of the group and the song being sung. The owner of the mechanic shop continually wants to buy it from me every time I come in, for his own personal use. Does not break down as often as my past '99 Dodge.

All p/u trucks should have side window visors to allow you to let your window down while parked to enable air flow on hot days, without it being obvious that the windows are down. All p/u trucks should come with a three ball rotating trailer hitch and a built in electrical plug to plug trailer lights. All p/u trucks need two cigarette lighter/accessory plugs in the front. Install brakes that don't squeak due to humidity. Install two horns, one regular, one klaxton with a toggle switch on the dash. Improve the center brake light so it won't leak. Improve the fan motor. Improve the cab light and the driving light electrical system.

Is a four speed automatic tranny ext cab lt 2007
By fallingdown2

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new in 2007 and I just cant say I've had any engine probs at all. I have changed the rotors and brake pads. Also the rear shocks and have been problem free otherwise. A few minor issues such as tail lights and a broken emergency brake handle but that's all. It now has 140,000 miles on it and has never had a tune up. I changed the plugs myself. It hasn't cost me a cent mechanically ...yet.
Update is now April 2016 and the truck is at 180,000 miles. Has a faulty master cylinder or vacuum booster not sure which but has no break pedal. Goes to the floor. From what I've read brakes issues are common on these trucks. I also failed to mention that I've had problems with the pass lock system since 50,000 miles and dealer offers no sure fix. They'll change ignition but can't assure that will fix the issue. Should be a recall because it is also an issue with this truck and many owners. The ignition misidentifies your key and pass lock disables the fuel pump so you can't start the vehicle for sometimes up to ninety minutes before it resets itself. Has caused me to be late to numerous events and work and also has caused headache when it happens and people are in line behind me at gas stations. Over all I still haven't spent a cent on anything but brake related issues. The truck is not very comfortable riding and has the turn ratio of a cargo barge. I've towed a yard cart of concrete with it on a u haul hitch and it did well. Still has power. Also has a ac issue. Works only in setting 3-4 and this should also be a recall because it's a faulty Russian supplied part. The local radiator shop fixed it with a paper clip and it's been fine on and off since. Every prob I have all the Colorado's seem to have. Hopefully this newer version has improved on these issues. Chevy has a good truck here if they'd just give it some features. Comfort being first. Also some bluetooth and navigation and usb ports would be great.

07 Colorado Z71 (Automatic)- The Beast
By 6t7gtoman

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

The Beast is what my son calls his truck after dealing with a 20" snow while at college in Fayetteville, AR.
He was one of only a few people that could get around and spent alot of time playing in the snow.

He has had it about a year.
Purchased with 25K miles.
He has added about 14K.
Been to the rockies for wilderness camping and goes to and from college.
Only problem was the sliding rear window that was replaced under the GM Certified Warranty.

Vehicle is an LT3 with leather, etc.
He loves the look, way it drives, and the overall identity.

The only downside is the stereo - but a replacement went in in a flash that added MP3 plug, bluetooth' etc.

The way it drives, handles, and the aggressive look. It is more comfortable than his 98 Acura was.

I read people say the power is not as good as the imports. It is just fine. He and I both drove the import competitors, Fords, and Dodges. We both like the way this vehicle handles, drives, and rides better. Suggest GM either improve the radio or just deliver without one so we can install a good unit. PS, I feel the same way about the radio in my top of the line Tahoe LTZ. Speakers are fine, but the sound and power are marginal at best.

Brake lights door locks and alarms
By Anonymous

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado my alarm was going off for no reason this truchk only has 11587 miles I drive it very little It cost 161.00 for the sencer ti be replaced Now the Abs light comces on the drivers window is messed up.Maybe it is time I llok for another company I have only bought chhevys my whole life but now who knows

WOW! This truck is nice!
By Boreal

2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I have owned a number of 4x4's up here in Alaska and I have never had one as dependable on bad roads as this truck. I have the Crew Cab Z71 model. The combination of the engine, transmission and 4x4 give me traction on any winter conditions, that I have never seen in my past 4x4's. I tow a 12 foot enclosed cargo trailer with my ATV for hunting and fishing and I have no hesitation going up steep grades, and the handling for backing up is super! On top of it all, I get great gas mileage.

4x4 reliability!

4-6 more inches of clearance.