2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: 4 years and going strong

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

LT Extended Cab Pickup (2.8L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

4 years and going strong
By John in Colorado on

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had the Colorado for 4 years and 26,000 miles. I have had no problems with this truck; my complaints are more related to design and engineering. This truck has a lot of little flaws that I believe could have been worked out by engineers with a little attention to details. For example: You can't put down the driver's sun visor without moving the rear view mirror. Then you need to adjust it back. Please! Also, when it's very cold (I'm in Colorado) the windows don't work properly or don't work at all until the interior warms up. Once again, what's all this testing I hear they do to vehicles. There's much more, but too little space.

I like the styling and the interior layout. This truck is also good in snow and off road.

I had a full size V8 truck that got better gas mileage than this. I'm getting about 14-15 in the city; 19-20 on the highway. Might as well have a full sized truck. Nothing like the 18 and 23 on the window sticker.