2006 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Very Surprised.. And Happy with

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred on

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Favorite Features

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.