This truck does what you need it to do
By Steven on
2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
I couldn't be happier with my truck. It has decent passing speed to get around annoying drivers. Plenty of horses for a 4 cyl 5 speed. Does better on fuel than I expected. I'm getting about 25 on the highway and about 16 in the city. The ride is sweet when you aren't taking it down dirt roads. There is plenty of room inside and comfortable seating, but if you want to lay the seat back and snooze, forget it! The seat wont even move. But if you want a truck that will do what you need it to do and not empty out your bank account or drink a lot of fuel, you gotta get this truck.
Favorite Features
I love how this truck feels when I set the cruise on the interstate! The gears are very smooth in transition. I think my favorite thing about the truck is that it is very user-friendly. You can drive it, pull reasonable loads with it, run it rough, and it hangs right in there.
Suggested Improvements
Sometimes the truck can get difficult to control. The back end likes to sway at speeds over 70. Needs a touch more stability and traction. Could make the CD player and air/heat unit reachable. You have to lean a little bit to get to it. Other than that, no complaints. It's a keeper.