2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Don't buy a Colorado

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Don't buy a Colorado
By kwhitehorn on

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a devoted Chevy supporter, but I wish I would have not purchased this GM product. I haven't had the truck 2 years and my transmission needs to be repaired (cost $2500). I can not begin to understand how the torque converter overheated causing the 2nd and 4th bands to lock up so it will not shift into gear (its an automatic). Since I have had the truck, it was not calibrated correctly to make a left hand u-turn, you have to back up and make 2 or 3 attempts to complete a left handed u-turn. I have had issues with the tailgate lock not unlocking. This is a poor product GM has come up with to replace the S-10. Gas mileage is horrible, I only get 18 mpg on the highway. Recall had to fix 2x.

The outside is sporty looking. Like the tires on the truck.

Carry brand of tires you sell on the vehicles, work with customers on correcting issues with trucks,improve gas mileage, don't wait until after people have had to do repairs to have a recall.