Basic Pickup
By Tim on
2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
When I was looking for a basic small regular cab, I4, 5 speed 4x4, I would have bought a Toyota, Nissian, or Ford (anything but a Dodge). Every one I looked at could not compare to the price of the Colorado.I was suprised with the standard options on it for the price,$13,000 with 24,000 miles. I haven't had any problems with it in the 6 months I've owned it. I'm very satified with it, for a basic truck you can't complain about fit and finish and power for this price. The 5 speed is an overdrive and when I drop it in 4th there is enough power to merge on the highway. If you want bigger, faster, better, more power, you're going to pay for it. I will keep this truck until it goes to the junkyard.
Favorite Features
Easy push button 4x4. Smooth shifting. Tilt wheel. Cloth seats. Good power for a 4. ABS. Very easy to change the oil. Intermetint wipers (and this is the WT work truck)
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage could be better, I get 19/20 to work and 22/23 on a trip. The seat backs need to be adjustable for more comfort between tall and short drivers (5' tall wife).