2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Fun Truck
By Martha on 07/31/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving this truck. It has a sunroof, which I love. It looks sharp and I have not had one problem mechanically. I am able to haul just about anything I want in it. I have hauled 10 foot boards with the tailgate up. I have never used the tailgate partially down. I have a folding cover on it. I am pretty happy with this cover however, I won't take the guard off the tailgate so it is not totally tight. I like the lock on the tailgate. The cover has 2 locks on it. I took the keys out of the cover and just lock the tailgate. If I want in, open tailgate and slide lever namually for top. good.

Worst truck on the market!
By Bob Pitts on 07/14/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Although the styling is nice, the performance of the truck is terrible. I cannot believe Chevrolet has sunk to this level offering a truck that is subpar with any I have ever bought. I wish now I had never walked into the Chevy that day. I should have walked across the street and purchased a Toyota. I will never buy another Chevrolet again.

Fun to Drive!
By Jack on 07/13/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this truck. It sits higher than the S-10 I had previously, and the ride is much smoother. My only disappointment is locally I only average about 14 to 15 mpg. However, I average 22 mpg on the highway. The crew cab's back seat is great, providing comfortable seating for adults! The bed is shorter than my previous truck, but still large enough to haul 4 by 8 sheets of plywood with the tailgate set in the 57 degree position. I also love the locking tailgate, which is a great idea since the tailgate is also removeable.

Nice Truck
By Mark on 07/09/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This truck was compared to a Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota. While there are some features that are inferior to the aforementioned trucks (ie interior quality) the massive rebates and deals make the purchase of this truck the best bang for the buck. For city livers this truck provides more than enough utility and the interior is far rommier than ever expected (actually similar to our GX470!). I highly rec the Z71 package as it adds alot to the appearance and clearance.

Real rough ride
By tim danaher on 07/07/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the extreme package lowered frame. Need a kidney belt between 60 and 72 MPH. Severice dept says it is because of the extended cab and the lowered suspension. It gives me motion sickness to drive more than 30 or so miles.

Pleasently Surprised
By Bob777 on 06/24/06 10:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have not had a GM product for some time and I've heard what seem to be a lot of negative things about GM cars, but the Colorado seemed to meet my needs the best at this time, so I got it. It has about 5K miles on it now and I have to say the build quality is quite good and the gas mileage is great. I get 28 MPG on the road and 24 MPG in town with a bit of Highway driving. Mileage seems to be gettng better with additional miles. My previous trucks were a Nissan Frontier and Ford ranger. Both were good trucks, but this Chevy is better. I'd would recommend this truck for anyone that wants a small truck with good mileage and comfort. Get the 3.73 gears if you plan to get a 4 cyl.

The best ever!
By Kevin on 06/06/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This truck kicks butt compared to the Fords I used to always buy brand new. I had way too many concerns early on in the life of the trucks. This has held up very well and does everything I want it to. Plus the Customer Assistance Center is awesome- they help you out any way possible.

Chevrolet Colorado
By robert bunyard on 06/01/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle is OK to drive, but doesn't have an ashtray or cigarette light. The power is OK as far as gas mileage goes, but not very powerful performance wise. I'm getting 24 mpg in town and 27 on the freeway, so it is better than expected. Also wish there were larger cup holders and more space behind the seat.

Great Value
By Kevin Thompson on 05/08/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

After looking at all the import and domestic small trucks we chose the 4 door Colorado. It was the best value for the dollar. We have owned the car for 3 months and have driven the car 8200 miles now. Zero problem, great fuel mileage and very comfortable. My son needs a car so I think we are going to go with another Chevy.

First truck
By Peter on 04/17/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Actually I own the 5 cyl. version. (not a listed option on this review). I'm enjoying the leg room and simple but user friendly controls. I considered the Silverado but didn't really need the big truck size or heavy expense at the pump. It's got the typical peppy GM engine/transmission and makes for a fun Sunday afternoon drive or ride to work. It has a surprising amount of back seat room for two adults. I'm getting 21.5 MPG combined city/highway driving. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the appearance of my cherry red Colorado.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.