Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Basic Pickup
By Tim

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a basic small regular cab, I4, 5 speed 4x4, I would have bought a Toyota, Nissian, or Ford (anything but a Dodge). Every one I looked at could not compare to the price of the Colorado.I was suprised with the standard options on it for the price,$13,000 with 24,000 miles. I haven't had any problems with it in the 6 months I've owned it. I'm very satified with it, for a basic truck you can't complain about fit and finish and power for this price. The 5 speed is an overdrive and when I drop it in 4th there is enough power to merge on the highway. If you want bigger, faster, better, more power, you're going to pay for it. I will keep this truck until it goes to the junkyard.

Favorite Features

Easy push button 4x4. Smooth shifting. Tilt wheel. Cloth seats. Good power for a 4. ABS. Very easy to change the oil. Intermetint wipers (and this is the WT work truck)

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage could be better, I get 19/20 to work and 22/23 on a trip. The seat backs need to be adjustable for more comfort between tall and short drivers (5' tall wife).

Pure Pleasure.
By kaetc81

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed driving and owning this truck. It is comfortable for trips & long commutes, handles well in traffic and is most dependable. It works well for my personal hauling needs as well, great design features make it a handsome vehicle, one I am proud to own. The Onstar feature is great, the monthly report and diagnostics are an excellent tool for maintenance.

Favorite Features

The OnStar feature is great, the monthly report and diagnostics are an excellent tool for maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

A bedliner, preferably spray on , would enhance the design.

I like it...but.
By USMC_love1122

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Okay so it runs great and it looks good but the traction stinks! I had a toyota 4-runner before this and it had better traction than this. My ABS fault comes on constantly which worries me a bit and my airbag light comes on freaquently too. When I bought it the rear transmission seal was broke but was fixed and covered by warrenty. Other than that I love it. It's just too light. I drive from MCB Quantico to Silver Spring every day and back for work and it gets pretty good gas mileage. Oh and my middle console squeaks a lot. It's quite annoying.

Favorite Features

My sunroof and rear sliding window.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make such a light vehicle!

Just the right size
By metalbabbleDotcom

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I imagine most people come on these sites to complain about problems but not many people take the time to praise a dependable vehicle. The Colorado has been great, I drive 20k a year and it's well past it's warrenty period without a peep of trouble.

Favorite Features

4x4 performance, gas mileage, mp3 player

Suggested Improvements

Dashboards seem to be "cheap" also although I prefer the fuel efficient i-5, towing capacity is low

Great truck
By Tom

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just a touch underpowered but good fuel mileage and comfortable ride is worth it. 24 mpg on the highway. When going on the beach, wouldn't want any other truck. I have pulled every other model out. More F150's than any other. Even had some refuse help cause they drove a Ford. O well, I just drove on by.

Favorite Features

4wd capabilities

Suggested Improvements

More power. Put in the TrailBlazer engine. 4.2l I6