2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Don't Buy one of these!
By wigditty on 04/01/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck may look like a good vehicle, but don't let it decieve you. These trucks don't get any better gas mileage than a full sized Silverado. The engine knocks, the suspension squeaks, and the ride is wobbly at best! You've been warned!

2006 Colorado Crew Cab LT 2wd Review
By tm4 on 03/01/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far I have enjoyed this truck. I've got the I-5 and it is quite powerful, it handles well at high speeds and is comfortable to sit in. The interior is utilitarian which makes it a little bland but very functional with controls easy to use and find. I had a problem, with the engine eary on, but the dealer fixed it under warantee and it's been fine ever since. Overall, I am glad I bought the truck and I haven't experienced all of the problems and flaws that others seem to talk about.

Good Truck for the Money
By JPM on 02/16/07 14:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. The 5 cylinder engine is silky smooth although the gas mileage could be better. The ride is firm but comfortable. Some extra lateral support in the seats would be good. I was amazed at how quiet it is inside-even at highway speeds. Outstanding leg room for driver and front seat passenger. Fit and finish is above average.

Great Truck
By Agdude on 01/27/07 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I use the heck out of my truck. It is an '06 with 53.5k miles on it. I have the I-5 crew cab 2wd and love it. I get approx 23 mpg each tank combined, and never have had a problem with it mechanically. If you want reliability and good gas mileage then this truck is great. If you are looking for something fun to drive, I wouldn't recommend this truck. It's nice just nothing special. The lumbar support knob is weak and cracked within 3 months of owning my truck. The CD player acts funny when it plays CD's (volume adjustment lags). This truck is tough though and has lots of power. My only regret is not getting a 4x4 but was limited by price.

Last Chevy I buy
By got_rut on 01/11/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is the by far the cheapest truck I have owned. It shakes like crazy when you drive over 50 MPH. The suspension makes a horrible squeeking noise when you turn or use the brakes. For god sake the tailgate cables aren't even the same length. This truck has been in the shop 12 times for a number of problems and I only have 6000 miles on it. When I was truck shopping, I couldn't justify spending $28--30000, so I bought this truck. I would suggest doing some serious shopping around before you make the decision to save $2000. Think about every aspect before the purchase. PS there is a reason that GM is giving such good incentives to buy their vehicles. Maybe they aren't that good!

Beats imports hands down
By chevyschubert on 01/07/07 19:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck runs great. I have only had my truck for 10 months now and I have drivein over 12,000 miles and no problems. I got it with 14 miles on it and the mpg leveled out at 20-21 in city with my driving (fast light take off, steady speed of 40-55mph, fast stop and go.) I nailed a curb at 45-50 mpg and only bent the rim. I have the most standard package avalible. My entire family has GM produts and the reliability is outstanding and 2 to none and one place over Dodge which I have owned. The Colorado is by far the best modern mid-sized truck for the money and investment. This is the 2nd best truck I have owned next to the '64 Chevy El Camino I have.

Chevy Colorado
By Z. Smith on 12/14/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Colorado because of a few features. Number one the rubber floors, number two standard A/C. Another reason is the amount I paid for it. I was very surprised when I got a notice that my pickup had been recalled.

Poor excuse for a truck
By tjwinps on 12/09/06 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 6,600 miles on this truck. It has been in the shop 21 times in those few miles. The brakes are soft and when pressed down in a medium braking situation, the brakes go down below the gas pedal. It has made for some pretty hairy stops. As far as the gas mileage is concerned, it is really bad. I would not reccomend this truck to anyone. It looks like Chevy copied Nissan and then threw it together. The center arm rest is so cheap that I am afraid that it is going to fall off if I put my arm on it.

Good for the price
By BILL BASS on 11/22/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck to pull a boat and it does a good job. They are not too expensive if you don't get too many options. The fuel economy is OK for a truck.

Solid
By daniel on 11/21/06 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a solid truck. It might not be the fastest, strongest or most powerful truck, but for the price it's the best. I don't use it for hauling around tons of stuff. It's perfect for the everyday moving of beds, dressers, tables, and all the big light stuff around the house. It's great. I really like the feel of this vehicle. It's smooth and has enough power to get to the next level if needed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.