Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Great Mid Size Truck
By bud

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for almost 2 years an it is the best truck I have owned an I have owned several. The 5 cylinder engine gives you the right amount of power for the size of the truck. The MPG for a 4x4 truck is great I get 18 city an 27 highway you can not ask for any better. I use this truck for hunting an I have had it in some tight places an it has performed great. If you use the truck properly an not abuse it you will have no trouble I have 34000 mile an not trouble.

I like the way it handles an the ride on an off road.

It is a truck I use it for that I did not buy it to be made like a car I bought to use it as a truck.

Good Truck for the Money
By pyz01

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this truck. I wanted a small to midsize dependable truck. This was it. The other were too expensive and/or did not give the value for the money spent. Would be nice if it got better mileage, but I am not going to complain compared to others. I get about 17 in the city - 23 highway -which is pretty good. Excellent handling,good pickup. Drives smooth.

Handling. I love having the crew cab. Absolutely worth it! Very roomy for your passengers.

Better gas mileage

2006 Colorado Crew Cab LT 2wd Review
By tm4

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far I have enjoyed this truck. I've got the I-5 and it is quite powerful, it handles well at high speeds and is comfortable to sit in. The interior is utilitarian which makes it a little bland but very functional with controls easy to use and find. I had a problem, with the engine eary on, but the dealer fixed it under warantee and it's been fine ever since. Overall, I am glad I bought the truck and I haven't experienced all of the problems and flaws that others seem to talk about.

3.5 Engine gets great mileage (I average about 23 highway and 18 city) Peak torque at low RPM (2800) so you don't have to strain the engine to tow uphill. Lots of leg room in the crew cab back seat, good truck if you have a lot of friends. The multi-level-function tailgate comes in handy.

More interior storage space would be nice.

Great Truck
By Agdude

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I use the heck out of my truck. It is an '06 with 53.5k miles on it. I have the I-5 crew cab 2wd and love it. I get approx 23 mpg each tank combined, and never have had a problem with it mechanically. If you want reliability and good gas mileage then this truck is great. If you are looking for something fun to drive, I wouldn't recommend this truck. It's nice just nothing special. The lumbar support knob is weak and cracked within 3 months of owning my truck. The CD player acts funny when it plays CD's (volume adjustment lags). This truck is tough though and has lots of power. My only regret is not getting a 4x4 but was limited by price.

Good interior room. Quiet riding and smooth.

Strengthen the cheap plastic inside of the truck.

Last Chevy I buy
By got_rut

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is the by far the cheapest truck I have owned. It shakes like crazy when you drive over 50 MPH. The suspension makes a horrible squeeking noise when you turn or use the brakes. For god sake the tailgate cables aren't even the same length. This truck has been in the shop 12 times for a number of problems and I only have 6000 miles on it. When I was truck shopping, I couldn't justify spending $28--30000, so I bought this truck. I would suggest doing some serious shopping around before you make the decision to save $2000. Think about every aspect before the purchase. PS there is a reason that GM is giving such good incentives to buy their vehicles. Maybe they aren't that good!

Bodystyle

Don't make it feel so cheap. If people wanted cheap they would buy a big- wheels.