Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2006 Colorado 4 Cylinder
By John

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally going to by an S10, but I took the Colorado for a test drive and I was sold. Since then, I've been very happy with it. I've got the 4cyl, but I had no problem hauling a full bed and a full 5x10 trailer all the way up the east coast. The fuel economy is also very good I average between 25 and 26 mpg, and that's with about a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. I've put this little truck through a lot of heavy duty work, and it's held up very well. I have the base model so the interior quality isn't that great, but the seats are reasonably comfortable and the driving position is fine. The shifting is pretty smooth for a manual truck transmission.

Engine, turning, brakes

Interior quality

I love my truck!
By KTCalloway

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutly no problems. Handles well, comfortable ride. Looks great too. Would like better gas mileage of course, but it is as advertised. Design of the seat belt placement not comfortable for short person( I'm 5'3"). Love the OnStar, will never have another car without it!

OnStar!

Design of the seat belt placement, not comfortable for a short person.

Basic Pickup
By Tim

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a basic small regular cab, I4, 5 speed 4x4, I would have bought a Toyota, Nissian, or Ford (anything but a Dodge). Every one I looked at could not compare to the price of the Colorado.I was suprised with the standard options on it for the price,$13,000 with 24,000 miles. I haven't had any problems with it in the 6 months I've owned it. I'm very satified with it, for a basic truck you can't complain about fit and finish and power for this price. The 5 speed is an overdrive and when I drop it in 4th there is enough power to merge on the highway. If you want bigger, faster, better, more power, you're going to pay for it. I will keep this truck until it goes to the junkyard.

Easy push button 4x4. Smooth shifting. Tilt wheel. Cloth seats. Good power for a 4. ABS. Very easy to change the oil. Intermetint wipers (and this is the WT work truck)

The gas mileage could be better, I get 19/20 to work and 22/23 on a trip. The seat backs need to be adjustable for more comfort between tall and short drivers (5' tall wife).

Better than you'd expect
By Hal

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Body & engine tight and smooth, interior trim a little rough(headliner doesn't fit shugly). Seat-belt receptacle cover breaks easily). Five speed shifts out smoothly for 1-5,but often resists going into reverse. Impressive acceleration for a 4- cylinder. Decent gas mileage averaging about 22 with a 50/50 mix of city & highway going all-out...26 highway if I nurse it. Only maintenance in 48,000 miles has been oil, filters, & tires.

Surprisingly quick acceleration, smooth ride.

Put a lock on the passenger side door when sell with maunal locks.

Good little truck
By Jack

I bought a 2 wheel drive work truck, couldn't afford the 4 wheel or the fancy models, but i have been pleased with the performance. It handles the logging roads in Maine without a care. It has crossed small streams and handled rutted muddy roads without issue. I live on a mountain and with studded snow tires I have made it home in the worst no'r easters like it was a july day. The gas mileage is good. I average 23 day to day here in the foot hills of the Berkshires and get 25 plus on trips. The regular cab is wide enough and the seats are comfortable on long trips with plenty of leg room. It's not a rocket ship but it moves out well when you step on it.

The work truck comes with cruse, tilt and air conditinoing as a standard feature.

Come on GM this is 2006, everyone has CD's. Put a CD player in every new vehicle. I told my dealer I would take the truck if it had a CD player. He had one installed on his dime. Make all trucks with locking differentials, you can never have too much traction on the roads here in New England.