2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great Little Truck
By TERESA MOORE on 11/18/06 02:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th small Chevy truck, and I think it's the best yet! It's got lots of interior room, and a good sized bed too. I was quite pleased that the base model comes with cruise control, tilt wheel, and a pretty good sounding AM/FM stereo. There is way too much noise from the A- pillars, window deflectors are needed! The base tires pick up every little pebble, then they "fly" when you end up on the freeway! warms up slow for a 4 cylinder.

Great Chevy
By KD on 10/26/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Chevy after doing much looking between the Ford, Chevy, and Toyota. After test driving all three I wasn't even interested in anything else. It has tremendous power and is a lot of fun with the stick shift. I love the tall stance and the satellite radio. And to think I almost bought the Toyota!

Worst truck on the market!
By Bob Pitts on 07/14/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Although the styling is nice, the performance of the truck is terrible. I cannot believe Chevrolet has sunk to this level offering a truck that is subpar with any I have ever bought. I wish now I had never walked into the Chevy that day. I should have walked across the street and purchased a Toyota. I will never buy another Chevrolet again.

Chevrolet Colorado
By robert bunyard on 06/01/06 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle is OK to drive, but doesn't have an ashtray or cigarette light. The power is OK as far as gas mileage goes, but not very powerful performance wise. I'm getting 24 mpg in town and 27 on the freeway, so it is better than expected. Also wish there were larger cup holders and more space behind the seat.

This truck can achieve 30mpg combo C/Hwy
By Mark on 03/16/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good looking truck. I like how it's on the smaller side. This allows for better mileage. I drive about 25% CITY and 75% highway and was getting a combined mileage of about 26 mpg. I then added a bed cover and increased the tire pressure to 40psi and now get almost 30mpg combined city/hwy mileage driving gently. Not bad considering this is a pickup truck. I would guess the highway mileage by itself might be as high as 35mpg. The only negative thing I've experienced so far is that occasionally the idle sticks at about 2800rpm even after it's warmed up. I can remedy this by turning it off and restarting it. Overall I am very happy with it. Too soon to brag about it's reliability though.

Love my Colorado
By Vic Ray on 03/14/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

fter 10,000 miles I performed a fuel economy test. I am getting 17.89 miles per gallon. I have installed a magnaflow exhaust system and am currently performing fuel mileage test after that. I am installing a AEM cold air intake system trying to get 20 to 21 mpg in the city. I love my truck and currently have 11,035 miles on it and no problems

This truck does what you need it to do
By Steven on 02/17/06 00:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't be happier with my truck. It has decent passing speed to get around annoying drivers. Plenty of horses for a 4 cyl 5 speed. Does better on fuel than I expected. I'm getting about 25 on the highway and about 16 in the city. The ride is sweet when you aren't taking it down dirt roads. There is plenty of room inside and comfortable seating, but if you want to lay the seat back and snooze, forget it! The seat wont even move. But if you want a truck that will do what you need it to do and not empty out your bank account or drink a lot of fuel, you gotta get this truck.

Awesome
By chris on 01/28/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It's perfect for driving around town. I am getting at least 20.9 miles in the city and about 28 on the highway. This truck also has a lot of room in it. I'm 6'0 tall and have to move the seat up just to reach the pedals.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.