2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Not a Silverado
By FL on 11/21/06 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an '04 Silverado 2500HD for this Colorado. Although the trim /options package is a 3LT, it falls way short of the Siverado 3LT package with far fewer bells and whistles. The truck is fairly comfortable with a stiff chassis. The engine has plenty of power and pickup and at highway speed is pretty smooth. At idle there is some vibration. I have had a few problems with rattles inside the cab. When bringing it to the dealers attention the tech merely tied up the HVAC cables. This seemed to correct the rattles for a short while but they are back and worse at this writing. I haven't had the truck through a winter yet. We'll see!

National Lampoon's Vacation
By Ed on 10/11/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Do you remember National Lampoon's Vacation? My truck looks like the family truckster. I traded in my Durango to get better gas mileage and that's what I am getting. As of yet no issues. She actually scoots along better then you think for a 4 banger. Although I miss having an armrest or console to throw my cell change or anything else. She's a little sloppy when you round a corner. Other then that, I work 7 days a week and put 450 miles on every week. Plus, she looks nice being victory red and street package. I am still surprised with this truck. Keep in mind one of my techs has a 2004 with 165,000 miles already he drives everyday and all day. Except for oil changes never skipped a beat.

Check the details before you buy
By oscarcat on 09/14/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great looks, quiet ride. However, the front cupholders won't hold a 1 liter water bottle. The seats with base interior don't recline. Beware, there is no way to unlock the passenger door from the outside if you don't have the $500 power package because there is no lock cylinder on the passenger door! This is a serious safety and convenience issue, especially if you have children.

'06 Chevrolet Colorado
By Joe on 09/07/06 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

After a month of driving the '06 Colorado, I found many poorly installed parts. Mud flaps all uneven. Bed alligned improperly so one side sticks out farther. The seats are flabby, made from cardboard I think. The plastic wheel moldings coming loose so I can see the double sided tape. The tailgate lock will not unlock. The driver's seat has wrinkles in it and is not tight in the seat after only a month of use. I am sure I will find more as time goes on. I like the vehicle, I just wish GM would take more pride in the quality of their work. Maybe your average person would not notice these things, I just expect a new vehicle to be perfect. I do like the 6 cup holders and tool boxes. All 4 doors open wide on the extended cab.

Love My Truck
By tucker2me on 08/10/06 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 Colorados and love them both. Dependable, never a problem. I love the design. A class act all the way. I have all the bells and whistles and could not be happier. Thanks Chevrolet!

Around the west in a small truck
By jeff on 08/06/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a good little truck. Slightly under powered for the demands I put it through (doesn't like climbing the Rockies while fully loaded).

Real rough ride
By tim danaher on 07/07/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the extreme package lowered frame. Need a kidney belt between 60 and 72 MPH. Severice dept says it is because of the extended cab and the lowered suspension. It gives me motion sickness to drive more than 30 or so miles.

Honest Truck
By SmoothDrRod on 01/21/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is the honest to goodness daily driver. I have an '06 z71 4x4 automatic with factory locker rear diff. Replaced stock tires with 30x9.5x15 Wrangler silent armor tires. Off road trail fun is unbelievable. Truck in first gear engine idle will climb any hill muddy, rocky, or treachous breakover angle scenarios. Idle gives you enough power to do virtually anything reasonably so just keep on the brakes :) On street this truck is nimble and comfortable. Very svelte ride on or off road. No problems with hauling 1 ton trailer, its unnoticeable until 3 or 4 gear.